We got the carpet.... I love it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted a little while back asking about carpet colour for my rec room.

Here's the before and after shots: (we got the carpet on Friday)

(the above pic is the closest to the true colour)

and a pic of the other end of the room:

The colour is called "blue cheese". It is a bluish grey.... and it depends on the lighting, sometimes it looks more grey, others the blue is stronger. It is rich which I like...

We got very good underpad, and the carpet itself is thicker than what is in the rest of the house, so it is very very comfy on the feet. I love it.

On a happy note, there was a bunch extra which they said they would bind if we wanted some mats (for no charge).... So I have 2 large mats, and one doormat size coming and still have some more leftover in case it needs a patch or anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Ooh, I want to walk on that! Looks so plush! Gorgeous color.
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Very nice! I agree, it does look very plush! Must feel great on the toes!!!
indeed it does.... its one of those carpets that you MUST walk barefoot on

The underpad definately helps too.

I love this room.... now to finish the furniture. We don't want much, as that is the room that has the Wii in it and we have the games with the mat... so floor space is good.

But, that said, I want at least 2 end tables (one for each of the open ends of the couches) and one table to go in the corner where the couches meet. My plans for that corner is to have a small table or large end table that takes up most of the room, and have a med to lg fake plant on it, or a statue of some sort.

Then we have wall art..... still need to decide what we're doing. It's going to be fantasy oriented. Some of our dragon and wizard type statues will go down there. (Most of the dragons are pewter, one is a coloured collectable)

But it is still so much more comfy now with the carpet in... I actually enjoy sitting down there.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I posted a little while back asking about carpet colour for my rec room.

Here's the before and after shots: (we got the carpet on Friday)

(the above pic is the closest to the true colour)

and a pic of the other end of the room:

The colour is called "blue cheese". It is a bluish grey.... and it depends on the lighting, sometimes it looks more grey, others the blue is stronger. It is rich which I like...

We got very good underpad, and the carpet itself is thicker than what is in the rest of the house, so it is very very comfy on the feet. I love it.

On a happy note, there was a bunch extra which they said they would bind if we wanted some mats (for no charge).... So I have 2 large mats, and one doormat size coming and still have some more leftover in case it needs a patch or anything.
Very nice! The gentleman that did our carpets used the extra for a scratching post for the kitties