Timmy's in the old well!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You remember "Lassie", how the collie would lead the people to here Timmy had fallen down a well, or a mine shaft, or whatever (honestly, that kid was a prime candidate for the Darwin award!)

Well, Zane will come up to me and act just like that, and will lead me to some random spot on the floor and start pawing at it and yowling over it. I can't see what is special about that spot!

Am I going crazy, or is he?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's saying, "Right here. This is where I want you to play with me. Or pet me. Or feed me. Or give me a treat. Or..."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

He's saying, "Right here. This is where I want you to play with me. Or pet me. Or feed me. Or give me a treat. Or..."
I'd sort of figured that. But when he does that if I pet him, he'll bite me, if I feed or treat him he'll turn his nose up at it, and if I get out one of his toy's he'll ignore it.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

You remember "Lassie", how the collie would lead the people to here Timmy had fallen down a well, or a mine shaft, or whatever (honestly, that kid was a prime candidate for the Darwin award!)

Well, Zane will come up to me and act just like that, and will lead me to some random spot on the floor and start pawing at it and yowling over it. I can't see what is special about that spot!

Am I going crazy, or is he?
Well I have the cat that does that creepy looking up at the ceiling, yowels, and then runs like a maniac thing. WTH is she looking at??? I call it hunting ghosts. Though I have been know to ask her "What's that Lassie, Timmy fell down a well at the old Johnson place? I'll get help" She looks at me like I have lost my mind, and SHE is the one chasing an invisible something!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

She looks at me like I have lost my mind, and SHE is the one chasing an invisible something!
There's a story about an elderly Scotswoman who made a reference to 'the Little People.' Her grandson said, "Forebye, Gran, you're an educated woman! Surely you don't believe in the Little People, do you now?" She replied, "Ach, aye; I donna believe in them. But they're still there all the same!"

In other words--invisible to WHOM?