PLEASE - HELP MY CAT! She has been hit by a car!

kesaruh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PLEASE! Donate here so she can have surgury!!! http://www.fundable.com/groupactions...-05.1122153186

My cat got outside out my bedroom window. I have always left my window open for her because she really wasnt my cat. She was my neglectful neighbores cat. But they moved off and left her and I always fed her, I got her spayed, I took care of her. I can finally call her MINE!

Around 3 am (06/4/09) I noticed her crying on my top bunk barley moving.Today I brought her to the vet (06-5-09) to find out she has a broken pelvic and a badly bruised kidney. She is peeing almost pure blood. She is on pain meds and stool softener.

In 6-8 weeks they said they are going to need to do a surgery. Until then she has to stay in a small kennel to heal. She isn't allowed to move around.

She needs a piece of her bone cut off and a plate put in, Otherwise she will be in severe pain. She may never use that leg If i dont get it done, She may develop arthritis and basically they said this needs to be done to live a healthy life. However I'm 18 years old. My dog recently had two surgeries on his ears due to allergies and hes on a VERY expensive dog food. I pay all my own bills including my car, insurance, phone and of course dog food. Right now I'm fostering a litter of kittens that are four weeks old, that have to be bottle fed KMR and then spayed/neutered before i can find them homes. I pay for the spay/neuter out of my pocket to help them. I have helped MANY animals and now I NEED HELP! There is NO WAY i can afford $800 or even more they said.

Today I paid $186.60 out of my pocket today 05-5-09 I didn't know that the humane society didn't take payments. I am now over drafted in my account. My mom is going to help me with that tomorrow and i will just pay her back so the fee's dont go up.

I'm not looking to make anyone go bankrupt, Just seeing if anyway someone can help my cat by setting us up a funding. I have 6-8 weeks before surgury to get $800.00.

Every penny i will make im basically saving, So i will be putting money in it I just cant save it all.

This cat was not mine, It was a neighbores of mine. I paid to get her spayed, I fed her, I just took her to the vet. Im now calling her mine.
They moved off and left her within the last month.

I brought her to the humane society in Missouri/st.louis. I brought her to the MACKLIND humane society. Her name is Mickey Mouse and My name is Kesara Mitkos. If you want to call and confirm her injuries please feel free to call
The Humane Society
1201 Macklind Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
(314) 951-1562

Also here is a picture of my vet paperwork/reciept

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...a/100_2508.jpg

PLEASE! Donate here so she can have surgury!!! http://www.fundable.com/groupactions...-05.1122153186

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kesaruh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here she is in extream pain before the vet..

Here she is At the vets office, She really liked that pain shot!

Here is her and my boyfriend waiting for the docor to come back and talk to us more.

Here is the vet bill I paid that day ..

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While we sympathise with you and more so your cat, we have to remind our members of rule 5

5. Solicitations – TheCatSite.com does not encourage or promote solicitation of money from our members. We will help in every way possible with our knowledge and support, but as many of us have multi-cat households and work with local rescue groups, monetary support is not always possible to causes or people we do not personally know. Members are allowed one posting in the SOS forum for each organization. Repeated postings for the same cause or organization will be deleted.

Lots of mega healthy coming your cats way

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry this thread breaks my heart and I soo wish that I could help financially...your kitty looks like such a sweet heart it's so sad this had to happen to her and to have to be in pain
lots of vibes
One thing I noticed since you took a picture of your bill was that the price didn't look very cheap for a humane society. $38 for an office visit, $6.50 for registering a new client?? My vet who is a private vet charges $23 for an office visit and doesn't have a fee for new clients...So maybe you could call a few other places and ask them how much they would charge for the same procedure?? Many places also do accept payments. You can look at the sticky thread in the health section that explains steps you can take if you can't afford a vet...
Also of course I do hope someone who is able to help financially will but I'm just trying to offer some other alternatives that may help a little too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also try for an emergency grant from United Animal Nations. You can google them... I don't have the web site at my fingertips.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also apply for Care Credit - I am so very sorry for this... I really do wish I could help, but since I am unemployed, I don't have anything for me, or to give... I am so sorry

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could also raise money for her on your own, aside from work. Your boyfried looks young, so my idea of doing this at your local bar is probably out of the question, but they are great places to rasie money. Put up a picture of the kitty along with her story and a jar to colect money. You could also hold a raffle, do you have anything around you could give away as a prize? If you have lots of stuff you can part with, you could sell it on ebay, I have a friend that is doing this for some extra cash (His wife is also happy the garage is finally getting cleaned up!)
As also mentioned, don't be afraid to shop around for another vet, many will allow you to make payments as long as you put a certain amount down, you may find one with a sliding scale as well.
Good luck and more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kesaruh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thank you all for the advise! I have $110 raised but if I dont raise the $800 in 24 days the fundable all gets deducted and I dont get a penny! But im trying my best to get the word around. I have been trying to work my tail bone off but it seem's like its never ending. I have insurance bills, car bills, I just shut my cell phone off because that is just a want, Not a need. I am fostering 4 week old kittens and have to feed them KMR, I know you guys know thats not a cheapy and it keeps me on my feet! My dad just lost his job a month ago so that doesnt help either!

But im just praying this will all somehow fit into place. My dog also recently had to have two ear surguries because his ears swelled up like pig ears due to allergies. That left me $500 on a credit card that i have been trying to pay off but the fee's for having it just keeps me back up there. Thank you so much for the advise too, I take it all in! Im going to be calling around vets soon.

Also here are a few animals that I have personally helped myself...

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/1209570592.html

Im glad to hear you guys do alot of rescuing too and helping out the animals. I have been since i was about 12. I was homeschooled and just a passion to animals. But then again, How can you not?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kesaruh

Thank you all for the advise! I have $110 raised but if I dont raise the $800 in 24 days the fundable all gets deducted and I dont get a penny! But im trying my best to get the word around. I have been trying to work my tail bone off but it seem's like its never ending. I have insurance bills, car bills, I just shut my cell phone off because that is just a want, Not a need. I am fostering 4 week old kittens and have to feed them KMR, I know you guys know thats not a cheapy and it keeps me on my feet! My dad just lost his job a month ago so that doesnt help either!

But im just praying this will all somehow fit into place. My dog also recently had to have two ear surguries because his ears swelled up like pig ears due to allergies. That left me $500 on a credit card that i have been trying to pay off but the fee's for having it just keeps me back up there. Thank you so much for the advise too, I take it all in! Im going to be calling around vets soon.

Also here are a few animals that I have personally helped myself...

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pet/1209570592.html

Im glad to hear you guys do alot of rescuing too and helping out the animals. I have been since i was about 12. I was homeschooled and just a passion to animals. But then again, How can you not?
I hope you don't take this the wrong way and it's fantastic you help rescue animals but maybe you should give it a break until you get your finances together? Just so you can give the pets you have at the moment the best care

I'm not saying this because I'm rich - believe me I don't have a cent but I ALWAYS have money or back up for my babies, an emergency fund.

Good luck.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry you and your kitty are having such a hard time. Why does the vet want to wait so long to do the surgery?

It's great that you're doing rescue work, but at this point you need to set your priorities and make some hard decisions. If you truly can't afford to continue everything you're doing now, you'll have to make a choice between the fosters and your own kitty.

Is there someone else who can take over the bottle babies? That sounds like an expense you can't afford right now. Why do you have to pay for the vet charges, spay/neuter, etc.? Are you fostering for a shelter or just doing it on your own? The shelters I'm familiar with expect the foster family to pay for food and litter, but they will take care of vet costs.

As far as asking people to contribute, many are not comfortable giving money to someone they don't know. You might get better response asking them to make a direct payment to your vet. You don't necessarily want to put the information in a public post. However, if someone sends you a PM to say they want to help out, you can PM them back with the vet's contact information, your full name, and your cat's name.

Healing for your kitty. Keep us updated on how she's doing.