Keira will be in her first show!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to go ahead and enter Keira in a one day show. I want to see if this is something I want to pursue seriously and I don't hold any expectations for her.

She has a very nice profile and is very muscular. More so than the boys right now so I want to see what the judges think. I'll post pictures later on today!

I have to give her a bath today and condition her as well. Trim her claws, etc. She won't be very happy with me today.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing you can do about that.
Who knows she might do better then you expect.
I sure did not expect Cleo to get any finals the first time I showed her in Premier.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keira IS a very pretty little girl!
Good luck with her in the show! Maybe she will do great, or maybe she will love it. No way to know until you try!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

Keira IS a very pretty little girl!
Good luck with her in the show! Maybe she will do great, or maybe she will love it. No way to know until you try!
Very true. I'm just going to try and have fun and hope that it all goes as well as possible.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is soooooo cute! Is she everything you hoped for so far in a Bengal kitten?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

She is soooooo cute! Is she everything you hoped for so far in a Bengal kitten?
That and more!
She has taught my other cat a few things and gotten into so much trouble...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you do well, but please go with the thought of NOT getting anything instead of expecting to win. I have to be honest. With the bars and competition, she may not get best of breed. Hopefully there will not be a lot of competition for you and you can win something.

Nial would know for sure what her chances are with that much of a bar on the sides.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a nice girl Sabrina. She does have a serious rib bar, but many of the judges don't knock off many points for it.

How your girl does will depend on alot of factors. Such as, how many other bengal kittens are competing and what their quality is. Which judges are there and how well they know the breed standard. What they put emphasis on when they judge the cat. Some love flashy pelts, others are strict about structure, some favor a kitten that is loving and playful.
Some judges go by the standard alone and they don't care how grumpy the
kitten is, if it meets the standards best, it gets best of breed.

Shows are very tough now because the breed as a whole is really looking good and there are so many cats competing. Every show I've gone to lately has had 15 or more bengal adults competing and the same for kitten class.

When you have 20 bengal kittens competing and only 1 can be best of breed, that leaves alot of kittens on the sidelines.

I feel when you have a kitten that places close to the same spot in ring after ring, then you have a group of judges at the show who know how to judge bengals. When it's all over the place, then obviously some judges need to work on their skills.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point Nial - what makes it worse is when you have split rings and half the judges choose one of your kittens/cats and the other half choose the other one - doesn't give you a clear picture as to who really is better and makes the decision to know who to keep harder!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Hope you do well, but please go with the thought of NOT getting anything instead of expecting to win. I have to be honest. With the bars and competition, she may not get best of breed. Hopefully there will not be a lot of competition for you and you can win something.

Nial would know for sure what her chances are with that much of a bar on the sides.
I am going in with no expecations. I know that she has a serious disadvantage, but also has many good ones. I just want to go to have fun and this will give me an idea if I want to show seriously.

Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

She's a nice girl Sabrina. She does have a serious rib bar, but many of the judges don't knock off many points for it.

How your girl does will depend on alot of factors. Such as, how many other bengal kittens are competing and what their quality is. Which judges are there and how well they know the breed standard. What they put emphasis on when they judge the cat. Some love flashy pelts, others are strict about structure, some favor a kitten that is loving and playful.
Some judges go by the standard alone and they don't care how grumpy the
kitten is, if it meets the standards best, it gets best of breed.

Shows are very tough now because the breed as a whole is really looking good and there are so many cats competing. Every show I've gone to lately has had 15 or more bengal adults competing and the same for kitten class.

When you have 20 bengal kittens competing and only 1 can be best of breed, that leaves alot of kittens on the sidelines.

I feel when you have a kitten that places close to the same spot in ring after ring, then you have a group of judges at the show who know how to judge bengals. When it's all over the place, then obviously some judges need to work on their skills.
I am just going to go and have fun. I hope that it all goes well. The kitten class down here is usually not that huge.