Alley! Webcam Pics

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These are some webcam pics I took just this morning.Not the best quality,sorry.I really had to work for these!

HosMan

I will borrow a digicam and post nicer pics down the road.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two more quick ones.She finally konked out on the computer desk. These are little better since she was still.

HosMan

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I discovered that black cats are hard to photograph.

The photo I am currently using of Isis in my signature, is from the shelter where I adopted her.

For your first attempt, you did really well with your little beauty Alley's pictures.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww. What a sweet little girl!
She looks so happy laying on all your stuff!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your nice comments everyone. Even though she still looks a bit of the stray,her appearance and animation have both gotten probably 100% better than when I first took her in. She seems contented and secure in her new home and interacts well with yours truely.

HosMan

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful

My avatar picture is my girl Alley who passed 2 1/2 years ago. Black cats are definitely hard to photograph. The only way I can get good pictures of Riley is if there is a TON of natural sunlight so that the flash doesn't go off. Any flash pictures just come out looking washed out.

Good luck and enjoy your girl

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww shucks! I feel just like a proud father(again!). AlleyGirl and Myfamiliars,thank you both.My kitten is not a fancy showstopper but I would not trade her another. Silly little wannabe black panther has got me fussing over her.Now,how did that happen? *scratching head*

Happy HosMan!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alley is a truly beautiful girl.
Black cats are magnificent and definitely a challenge to photograph. I've been trying for almost 16 years to get good pics of my sweetie, Katie.

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much,Eilicon. You should have seen her when I first layed eyes on her.Pretty sad but she always had those eyes.
How big do you think she will end up?Just curious.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HosMan

How big do you think she will end up?Just curious.
Somewhere between 7 and 15 pounds.

Seriously, the average size of a female cat is between 9 and 11 pounds. My smallest girl (Scarlett) is just shy of 7 pounds. My largest girl (OTB Sammie) was 13 pounds. And they don't all grow at the same rate, so it is always hard to tell when they are that young. You'll get a better sense at her true size when she is about 7-8 months old. Something to look forward to!!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input! Do I even dare wonder what breed or mix or breeds my kitten could possibly be? Makes no difference to me but I guess it is kind of fun to know.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HosMan

Thanks for the input! Do I even dare wonder what breed or mix or breeds my kitten could possibly be? Makes no difference to me but I guess it is kind of fun to know.
She's a very pretty domestic short hair (DSH).

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Is the Domestic Shorthair actually a breed like say a Siamese or a Persian? I always thought that American Shorthair and Domestic Shorthair were terms to cover the large majority of generic cats.Not trying to disrespect anbody`s breed here.Just soaking in your cat vibrations. Hmmmmmmmm....

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why thank you,Rosiemac. Your cats are stunning. Do you think that Alley will ever look like that?Smooth,shiney and glossy coat...mmmm... Going cat food shopping today.I`ll be starting her on a better diet that will be constant.I`ve got my list with everyone`s suggestions.

If I can`t afford the optimum flea control med. is there anything I can just use until I see a vet and ? Just would like us both to have at least a reduced flea control going on.

Thanks!
HosMan