Not out of nest box at four weeks time to remove?

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The above picture is what there in.

They climb all over the nest box when we take them out they can get back in and such. But they have no interest to leave on there own. I will walk in the room they will moew for me to come get them. But wont leave on there own. They are four weeks old today.
And had there first real taste of canned food.
I am going to put a litter box out today also. Is it time to remove the box and make a bed on the floor so they can move around.

They walk run and chase everything in site.
I plan on weining them most of the way by 6 weeks just because they get there shots and such then. They will stay with mom tell 10 but she needs to be dried up by the time they go into the shelter for adoption all five are adoptable.

I take mom in next week for her FLV test and if she is negative we are set for shots and such.

so do I take the nest box out now

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I can't tell from the picture, what is the box made of? Can you cut down one side so they still have their bed but can just walk out of it instead of having to climb?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pbsj_1988

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I can't tell from the picture, what is the box made of? Can you cut down one side so they still have their bed but can just walk out of it instead of having to climb?
No not possible its a toy box for pets the wood is covered in carpet. Its thick wood so I dont have anything to cut it.

I can make new side with the from open but out of something else not that

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could switch boxes and put them in carboard where they can climb better if you can't cut this one down.

Most all the time, my nesting boxes were cardboard which was easy to cut - and then placed inside a large cage. They could come out on their own when they were able to climb out of the cage door by themselves (usually by 6-8 weeks old. This way they could run around in the cage and still be safe for a few weeks without worrying where they were.