Positive post.....I hope you'll post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In this day and age, we are surrounded by bad news, and alot of people are not very positive.

We all have to make time to stop and smell the roses, especially on bad days (whether you just got laid off, or your daily pain is acting up)...there is usually something postive.

I know there's been a post similiar to this, I believe it was the Pink post or something like that...so Mods feel free to delete this one if you think its too much the same.

I'm hoping that many people will participate in this thread, as we could all use a smile...it is a proven stress reliever

So I'm asking of you, to post daily, something positive to you.... it doesn't have to be monumental, it can be the littlest thing... but something positive to you.

Take the moment to relax and think of your emotional health....Honestly this was an exercise my therepist had me doing when I was first struck with chronic pain because it engulfed me completely.... but then I was able to put small positives out... finally (took 2yrs) I was able to pull more positives out. Even laying in agony, my family or friends still make me smile.

anyways, I'll go first in a seperate post, so you know what I mean.

I really home you'll take the 1min out of your day to post.....it will do you and others good.

I mean cmon, who can't smile when someone says "my kitty gave me my first kiss today".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I am thankful for getting carpet in the basement

We're taking advantage of the tax credit being offered here for home improvements. If it wasn't for that, we wouldn't be doing it because its not a nessecity

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
DH comes home from Plano, TX after being gone for the week.
I've missed him and the cats really have missed them.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great idea, Chris! I loved the pink thread too

Today I'm thankful for my doggy - my Mum sent me this picture of her relaxing today. How gorgeous is that!
Chevy

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both Muddy and Stumpy, my chronically ill cats, have been tremendously playful the last few days. They have been at war with each other, and Muddy walked up to Stumpy last night to head butt him. He's done nothing but hiss at him for the last few months and vanilla extract wasn't helping them. This is a very good sign.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

DH comes home from Plano, TX after being gone for the week.
I've missed him and the cats really have missed them.
I know how this feels. My DH just got home last night from California....sooo happy he is back.

Sam: awww, see, that makes me smile....I mean, you'd have to be a robot to not smile.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I know how this feels. My DH just got home last night from California....sooo happy he is back.

Sam: awww, see, that makes me smile....I mean, you'd have to be a robot to not smile.
Yeah I just checked my emails (not long got home from work) and I really wanted to wake my boyfriend and show him but it's 3am so I had to share it with you guys.
She's such a cutie!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to take a relaxing shower and style my hair before DS woke up. It felt so nice.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every time I glance the picture of my three month old nephew grinning his toothless grin, it makes me smile and my heart fills up SO FULL of love for that little guy that I've haven't even got to meet yet!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up with Bugsy purring like a tractor... When I opened my eyes I saw Lucky's and Hope's cute little faces... All on my bed, all giving me love and anxious for me to wake up. I am loved unconditionally by three little furry angels!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things have been hopping in my life.

#1: I finally decided on a new 'bank' to switch to, to get away from the 'big suit' bank that's wiping my old bank from te face of the planet. I went to a local credit union. I signed up online the night before, for basic checking, but when I went in yesterday to finish it up, she switched to Rewards Checking, same stuff (no min. balance, etc), but i get rewards for using my debit card!

#2: My friends FINALLY had their baby Tuesday. They've been having some issues, but he's healthy, BIG and all boy. His name is Christopher Paul.

#3: After being on a waiting list since December, I finally am getting a new apartment, in my dream neighborhood here in Portland. At the end of July, I'll be moving out of my rat-hole neighborhood i've been in three years. WOOHOO!!!

Much of my stress I've had recently is melting away. Yes, I still have some worries, but things are finally doing better.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!

You´re right Chris!
nice Idea for a thread!
By my own I would like to share this positive quote today with all of you!

Perhaps love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself.

Antoine De Saint-Exupery

HAve a nice weekend all of you!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The past month has been stressful for me, and my friends have been so supportive throughout it. I love my friends; I'm not sure what I'd do without them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was off sick for over 4 years and things were really bad. During this time not only did my health continue to deteriorate and I ended up having to declare bankruptcy and almost ended up homeless! But I kept myself grounded by remembering that despite how badly things were for me, that there were always other people out there who were far worse off than I was!

I'm so thankful that I have my health, even though it isn't optimal, back enough that it allows me to work. I'm even thankful for having declared bankruptcy because it gave me a fresh start in life financially and has put me in a place of having no bills, a good income and thus giving me the ability to help others who are in dire straights like I was not so long ago.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning when I left to go to work the three baby robins in the nest on the side of our garage that we've been watching for several weeks decided it was time to take their first flight. As I approached the garage they all hopped off and flew at once, with varying degrees of proficiency. I know that my approach probably scared them into taking off, but it was a sweet, magical moment that I'm glad I was there for.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
After more than a year of delays and frustration, I finally got my new piano. It's gorgeous and the sound is unbelievable. I can't play it with the lid opened all the way because it would blow the roof off my house.
Of course, the kitties think it's a wonderful new cat tree I got especially for them.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im really happy that the leaves finally came out on the trees here in Edmonton...now when I look out my lab window, I see a green parkland instead of a bleak landscape

Status
Not open for further replies.