Goodbye my sweet little one

valksy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It finally happened, I became sure something was wrong and took my tabby to the vet. I was told that her body was starting to shut down (she was elderly and quite fragile). I was asked if I would consent to allowing her to go to sleep.

Although I hated it, I knew she was suffering and that to keep her with me would have been selfish and cruel. So I said yes. And within ten minutes she was gone.

I miss you little tabby and my heart is broken. I still have to go through your things but am not sure I can face that yet.

All I can do is cry and feel that little bit more alone in this universe.

Rest well my precious one. Your brother is there for you and I am sure that he will look after you the way he always did. Be at peace my sweetpea, where the sun is warm, the grass is long and cool and the butterflies are plentiful.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was from a place of love, that you set your beloved tabby free from a body that no longer worked.
In some ways, that is the greatest love of all.

Rest in peace little one.

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It hurts right now. She is only gone from sight, not from your heart and she is running free and happy right now. She needed her rest and you love her enough to know you did the right thing.

Much love to your sweet tabby

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m sorry for your loss
I know how hard that decision is but you did the right thing for her. You most certainly are not alone as many of us here have felt your pain and although you don`t think so now, it will get easier and you start to remember the fun times you had and the funny things they did

Rest In Peace little one

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's never easy when we have to decide what is best for our furbabies, but I'm sure she thanks you for stopping her suffering.

I'm sure she is keeping you close in her heart over the rainbow bridge.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hugs to a person much stronger than I. I know it was an impossible decision, but I want you to know that you did the right thing. my best wishes for your continued strength and the healing of your heart.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valksy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

I am convinced it was the right thing to do and my vet was pretty adamant. I suppose ruling out doubts makes things easier some how.

I do find my mind constantly back at that moment though. I wish I had been a bit stronger and more steady so she was not afraid. But I could not swear that she was even aware at that point.

Still tidying up her things and recycling for other pets/donated to charity where appropriate. Do a little bit day by day and then just cry.

An I see her everywhere. Not literally, but my mind fills in where it expects to see her.

The grief is horrid at the moment. And for all she needed me, I needed her too. She gave my life structure and balance at time in my life when I really need it. Am feeling a huge hole in my world at the moment. I know I did the right thing, but it hurts

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Valksy

The grief is horrid at the moment. And for all she needed me, I needed her too. She gave my life structure and balance at time in my life when I really need it. Am feeling a huge hole in my world at the moment. I know I did the right thing, but it hurts
Your sweet girl will always be with you in your heart, but for now, when your loss is still so raw, that is not enough.

We understand your pain.