"Up", the movie.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hope this isn't a repost, as I'd be surprised if someone didn't mention it elsewhere, but this is a fantastic movie.

Don't want to give anything away, but I'll just say the one negative review I've read on the movie complained of the way the different thematic elements were applied with too much "surgical precision"; basically implying that the movie was too perfect, and the critic couldn't deal with not having something pissy to say about it.

You'll be crying 15 minutes into the movie. A beautiful story, on so many levels.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

Hope this isn't a repost, as I'd be surprised if someone didn't mention it elsewhere, but this is a fantastic movie.

Don't want to give anything away, but I'll just say the one negative review I've read on the movie complained of the way the different thematic elements were applied with too much "surgical precision"; basically implying that the movie was too perfect, and the critic couldn't deal with not having something pissy to say about it.

You'll be crying 15 minutes into the movie. A beautiful story, on so many levels.
We went to see it last Saturday for our daughter's birthday (she turned 29)
. Hubby really wanted to see it so off we went. We got tickets and then decided we would wait for the later show to see it in 3D so paid the extra and exchanged the tickets. It was awesome.

The movie critic on CBC radio said it's another winner for Pixar. He said they haven't missed yet on a movie. We would agree.

This weekend perhaps we'll see that "museum" picture (can't remember the whole name).

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

This weekend perhaps we'll see that "museum" picture (can't remember the whole name).
Night At the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian
That was a good movie, saw it two weekends ago with the hubby.

We definitely want to see "Up", have heard nothing but good reviews from those who've seen it!

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok - I love Pixar. I own every movie of theirs... and Up was good, sometimes even poetic, but I felt that midway through it fell flat and became completely predictable. Wall-E and Monsters, Inc I think have a far superior and inventive story. Which is funny, because the main creative on this also did Monsters, Inc.

But beautiful visuals, and a couple of heart-wrenching moments. Don't waste your money on the 3D though!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DragulescuGirl

But beautiful visuals, and a couple of heart-wrenching moments. Don't waste your money on the 3D though!
Oh, I have to disagree. I loved the 3-D.