Question Of The Day - Wednesday, June 3rd!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! Gosh, it's beautiful outside this morning. The sun is shining, the sky is that perfect blue. The rabbits are setting outside the fence, staring longingly at all the succulent little vegetable plants we planted last weekend...hehehe!

Here's today's Question Of The Day!

When you eat at a restaurant, do you stick with what you know and order the same thing every time, or do you like to try something new each time?

I usually have one or two favorites that I stick with. I usually pick the restaurant I want to go to by what 'favorite' I'm hungry for. If I'm in the mood to experiment, a restaurant with a buffet is a great way to taste different menu items, without having to commit to anything, lol!

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You know, it depends on the restaurant. For instance I went to a new place yesterday and everything looked amazing. Luckily my husband and I always taste test each other's food. Both of our dishes were good so I know at least 2 things I enjoy. We will definitely go back to eat again.

The second time we go we'll both order something else, but if I don't really like it or it us just ok, any time after that I'll stick to what I enjoy best.

Buffets are the best! I always detox before and after my trips to Vegas because I know I'm going to hit up a couple of amazing ones.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

When you eat at a restaurant, do you stick with what you know and order the same thing every time, or do you like to try something new each time?
Great question my friend....
& delicious.....

A years ago I use to eat the same,....now a recent years to here I´m trying new flavours....
Nothing complicate and exotic

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm boring. I tend to stick with the things I know I like. I tend to be a picky eater and don't like to be very adventurous.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really bad about eating the same thing, DH always teases me about this, I tell him I find what I like, and stick with it, you included!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I'm boring. I tend to stick with the things I know I like. I tend to be a picky eater and don't like to be very adventurous.

Sometimes I'll try new things, but I generally have a "favorite" at each place.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some restaurants, like Olive Garden and Red Lobster, that I get the same thing everytime I go, I think it's because I go to the more expensive places so infrequently and only get a chance to eat my favorite things at that restaurant once in awhile. Less expensive restaurants, like Applebee's or Eat 'n Park that I eat at more frequently I will switch up

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends. I love to try different things, but if some particular dish really impresses me, I tend to want it again and again and have a hard time pulling away from it to try something else -- particularly if it's not something I'm likely to do at home.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on the restaurant. If it's Outback or Carrabba's than it's same-oh same-oh. I'll even tell what I order.
Victoria Crowned Fillet at the Outback and Chicken Bryan at Carrabba's.

Shoot the more I think about it the more I always order the same thing.

Boring!!!!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to go to new restaurants I havnt been to before, so usually Im trying something new. However, if we go somewhere familiar, its usually 1/3 menu options that I cant decide until the moment I order which one to pick.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I'm a person who likes to learn new things and theories, applying new things or behaviors to life is very difficult for me. I like time to plan ahead and prepare for all the possible outcomes that I can. This includes restaurants/food.

I usually go with what I know I can eat (I also have GI issues to make this tricker). The only time I will try something new is usually if it's a vegetable or the only different thing to the food is veggies. So far I haven't had any that tasted horrible or would make me sick.
I won't experiment with meats or odd sauces and seasonings.

I also tend to go to the same restaurants instead of trying new ones.

This is justified in my mind as not taking a risk and possibly wasting money.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much stick to the same things each time. In fact, a couple of the fast food places I go to know exactly what I'm going to order and I don't even have to tell them. The other day DH & I went out for a bite, and when we walked in the door the manager told us the total because he had seen us coming and already rung up our order.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love trying new things and ethnic foods. Usually I will order something different each time. There is one cafe here, however, that I cannot seem to change at. Every time I go there I think that I'll try something different and then I order their mango chicken curry wrap. BUT, I have it with soup and that changes daily. It's just soooooo good, mango bits with curry and brown rice and chicken!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it depends on the resturaunt but yes I usually order the same thing.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to try different items on the menu. Most of the time tho I stick to what I have enjoyed at that particular restaurant in the past. As you can see, I tend to do both.