Wow, a whole slew of things to ask for vibes for

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't often ask for vibes and prayers from the group here, but I know that they work, and I seem to keep on hearing bad news every time my parents call me, so here I am.

The first thing is actually very personal to me - I have a very dear friend who has a brain tumor, or cancer, or something. He lives far away from me and is keeping to himself about the whole thing alot, but that doesn't stop me from worrying alot about him, and what is going to happen with all of this. So some vibes that he recovers, and that he won't be afraid to ask for support if and when he needs it would be very much appreciated.

Second, my dad just called me to tell me that my cousin was admitted to the emergency room last night with acute appendicitis. He's already had the surgery done and is on bed rest for right now. He might be able to go home tomorrow. So he's out of immediate danger, it seems, but that's still pretty scary.

Third, his parents (my aunt and uncle) are having some personal and marital issues right now. She has had ongoing mental problems for a few years at least now, and its starting to look like they might be getting a divorce, which is very sad after so many years.

Fourth, the mother of one of my mom's friends (we call her grandma) had major heart surgery a little while ago. Dad says that she is in rehab now, so she seems to be doing alright, but again, still a scary situation.

And I guess last, a minor one for me. I was diagnosed last year with GERD and VCD (like asthma but its your vocal cords instead of your bronchioles that close up) and have been on PPIs like Nexium for the past year. But this summer, my GERD seems like its really been acting up - and my VCD because of it, and my throat has been sore for the last week - Friday night it was hurting just to breathe, and my voice is starting to go in and out on me. I can barely breathe when I go outside now, even if I'm just walking.

I have another appointment with my doctor in two weeks, but for now, I'm going to take my Nexium twice a day and antacids as necessary and hope things settle a bit. The summer choir at my church is always in need of an extra voice, and I hate to let them down because I can't sing!

Alright, that's enough for now, I think! Thanks in advance guys - I love the wonderful community here!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Sounds like you do need lots of vibes! vibes:
I hopelife gets less overwhelming for you soon, and your health starts to improve.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Pam, the whole thing sucks

Lots of mega vibes your way and to your family and loved ones.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more prayers that way. Thats a lot to deal with

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is alot of family stuff going on. Sending vibes for better health for you and your family members and close friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I appreciate it a bunch!
Talked to mom briefly tonight, and she says my cousin should hopefully be able to go home tomorrow, and that his mom has already driven down there to be with him, which is good, since dad had said they couldn't go down until this weekend.

Again, thank you all for the vibes and prayers!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got word that my cousin is out of the hospital now, and home to rest for a few days. Thanks for the vibes, guys!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got an update from my friend with the brain tumor. Things are not looking good at all - they only have a slim chance of removing it, and if they try, there is a good chance he won't even wake up from surgery, and an even higher chance of serious side effects like motor or memory loss.

I hate that I can't be there for him, and I'm trying really hard to have faith in God and in prayers, but I have to admit I'm really scared of losing him. I'm at work, and trying not to break down crying.

Please keep him in your prayers guys - I know he's going through a really hard time right now. and he needs all the support he can get, even if he doesn't know that he's getting it.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep the vibes coming today, guys. I have a whole work day to try and get through without crying too much, and tonight, the only other of his friends who knows about the whole cancer situation is supposed to call me, so we can see if we can help each other through the initial emotional hump of the news.

Part of me just wants to take the day off, because I know I'll be crying on and off, but we have a bunch of deadlines coming up, and I really should try to get things done. I won't lie though, its gonna be really tough.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mega for you, and your friends and family.

I am so sorry for the bad news about your friends tumor...I hold faith that the slim chance to operate is still a chance.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. Work's going okay so far, I've only started crying twice.

To add to all this crap, I couldn't sleep last night because my heart was racing (pulse around 90-100) and pounding so bad I couldn't get comfortable. I don't know if this is related to my GERD/VCD issues - the heart rate could be from my shortness of breath. Its been like this for weeks now, but last night was the worst its been. Of course, it could just be all the emotional stress, I don't know. But my throat feels like its on fire on and off - not normal pain like with a cold, and tight, like something's just short of choking me. It hurts worst after I've been talking or singing, and most towards the "top" and not all the way down my throat. Maybe that's the GERD, maybe its something else.

I have a doctor's appt with the doctor who diagnosed my GERD/VCD on the 16th, but I am strongly considering bumping my appointment up to as early next week as I can get one. It took me forever to fall asleep last night, and then I was up for another two hours for some reason before I could fall asleep again.

The combo of physical and emotional strain is really getting to me, I can tell. I really appreciate all the vibes, guys. I don't think I'm gonna make it through without them!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry for all this. My thoughts will be with you and all your loved ones... and yes, please get to the doctor as fast as you can. Anything that interferes with breathing qualifies as an emergency in my book! Take care...