So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gary made "Stewp" a couple of months ago and we froze a bunch. (Chicken stew that wasn't thick enough). He heated it up, made it thick, boiled spetzel, and we put the now stew on the spetzel. It was YUMMY. ...and because we have lots of spetzel left over, tomorrow we're going to have it with fried pork chops.

Laurie

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are finishing up the Stove Top Chicken Bake from Saturday
I made onion rings to go with it MMM!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it was pork sausages, thick cut chips and fried eggs. It wasn't that great but both of us are broke and I'm going down South on the weekend so we had to make do with what we had.

Pudding was a little bit more exciting - caramel slice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco's tonight, with lots of cheese, lettuce, tomato and salsa and for dessert some fresh strawberries and vanilla yogurt....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, there's a BBQ all ready to go. And I have the spare tank in the car to get filled up on the way home. And I had been thinking "something chicken" for tonight. So maybe I'll put a mess o' wings on the BBQ, and find a heap of Caesar Salad to go with 'em.

I think one of the mangos on the counter should be ready for dessert.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, there's a BBQ all ready to go. And I have the spare tank in the car to get filled up on the way home. And I had been thinking "something chicken" for tonight. So maybe I'll put a mess o' wings on the BBQ, and find a heap of Caesar Salad to go with 'em.

That sound really yummy, I love wings done on the BBQ.........guess I know what's on the menu for tomorrow night.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

When I got home with the full tank, I said to Rob, "Your punishment for getting the BBQ ready is wings and Caesar". He wailed, "OH, PLEASE DON'T SPARE ME!"

The wings have been talking to the BBQ sauce for an hour or so. I'm headed upstairs to fire up the BBQ.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shot after all the talk about BBQ"s yesterday that is what I had hoped to do tonight, however the weather is just not cooperating so far today and from the looks of the forecast is not going to get any better.
So it's on to plan B.....
While looking through the store flyer's this morning I see they have Pork tenderloin on special so I am thinking about one of those stuffed with some nice sage dressing, roasted potato's and some kind of veggie.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a good compromise!
Quick and simple for us tonight -- probably omelettes with ham and cheese.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made up a couple of 'on the fly' creations for dinner tonight.

Ground beef sauteed with vidalia onions, mushrooms (chopped), salt, pepper, and Chinese 5 Spice. Potato Salad with chopped onion (also Vidalia), mayo, honey mustard, salt, pepper, a healthy sprinkling of sugar (a recipe I read to get ideas had that), and Curry Powder. Very nice... I don't even mind the raw onion in the salad. I normally hate raw onion.

Amanda

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taco casserole for me. I was going to do just plain tacos but the picture on the back of the taco shell box looked yummy. It's in the oven now! I just happened to discover a great way to chop olives, just put the knife in the can and slide it around a bit, they came out in perfect size chunks!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking I'm probably going to put some ribs on the BBQ. Haven't thought much about sides yet. If it's just Rob and me, I'll probably do a Caesar salad to go with them. If Jr and his SO join us, I'll have to think some more, since some dairy issues have just surfaced for them, as well as grain/starch issues. It's sufficiently recent (we only learned of this last week in a restaurant) that I don't really have my head around what the issues are, what I need to avoid and how carefully I need to do so. So, that will take some consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.