Lysol loving cat??

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our female cat LOOOVES Lysol! For some reason that makes no lick of sense to anyone but her, she loves to roll around in the spot where we've sprayed Lysol (mostly after cleaning up dog up-chuck).
We've tried to stop her on many occasions, but she'll just wait until our backs are turned and go roll. She doesn't lick the floor, thank goodness, but I can't help but think it's not good for her!

Is it just that particular scent ("Spring Waterfall"), or the product itself she's nuts for? Should we be confining her when we spray?? How long should she be confined for?

This is the first cat I've ever met that loves to roll in Lysol!!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Munchkin is the same way about bleach. Any time I get out the bleach for laundry or dishes he rolls around on the floor next to the bottle (even though I don't spill any). No idea why they do it, silly cats

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lysol is toxic to cats. Do NOT let her near it. You will have a very sick or dead kitty if you continue to use it.

I never use any of Lysol products for cleaning. Switch to the Simple Green cleaners that are safer.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Munchkin is the same way about bleach. Any time I get out the bleach for laundry or dishes he rolls around on the floor next to the bottle (even though I don't spill any). No idea why they do it, silly cats
My two are both bleach addicts as well.
I have some diluted in a spray bottle that I use to clean around and in the litter box, and they both go nuts after it's dried.

I agree with what everyone is saying about Lysol, please keep your kitty away from it. Use diluted bleach (1:30 parts bleach to water from what I've read). It is much safer for them to be around.

gaia33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another cleaner that is dangerous to cats is Pinesol or any cleaner with Pine oils in it--they can cause kidney failure--and of course moth balls! They can kill a cat very quickly.

loreec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Lysol is toxic to cats. It contains Phenols. Please make sure your cat stays completely away from it. If your cat has licked a lot of it, you need to have her liver checked.

http://www.cathealth.com/Tox.htm
Hi, My friend just lost 2 of her cats. I believe it is because of a lysol product that is used in the toilet bowl. she's pretty sure her cats never drank out of the bowl, but I am pretty sure they did, they had ulcers in their mouths and then had other problems that were so severe they had to be put down. she is deastated . could lysol do that? could they have been attracted to it? like they are to antifreeze? very sorry about your loss
any info would be appreciated!