Uggggg. Not looking forward to tonight.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby gets to go to California on work....he's doing some training on PON (passive optical network).

This is the second time he's gotten to go to CA for work...first time was a year or two ago, for training on MetaSwitch.

Anyways, aside from being insanely jealous, and slightly bitter LOL, I have to drive him into the city for 3am tonight. Ugggggggggggggggg. Yes, I don't sleep much, but can usually get to bed by 1-2. So I'll be back home by 3:30-3:45.

He's taking a shuttle out of London, to the Toronto airport, then flying to CA from there.

His training is Tues, Wed. during the day, so he has from 4:30 onwards to enjoy himself. I'm happy for him, but yup, sooo jealous LMAO.

and NOT looking forward to dropping him off tonight.

I'm used to him being away, he's usually gone M-F....but this is a different type of away. I can't just call him if something comes up, and he's home in 2hrs or so.

My time is coming for a vacation.....soon... I'll take off for a weekend. I really need it.

anyways, there's my vent for the day

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But you got 2 adorable kittens to play with the entire time he's gone!

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

for training on MetaSwitch.
Small world. My company uses that also and my team got training on it right before I started on that team. Telecom, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Small world. My company uses that also and my team got training on it right before I started on that team. Telecom, eh?
Very small world... Metaswitch is not that common here, my hubby belongs to one of the few isp's that actually use it....so the training is a definate asset for him (should he ever find himself no longer with this company, which is doubtful).....I don't know of any other companies that use it in my province...

The isp he works for does VOIP, internet, long distance, etc. and are looking to expand into fibre optics to the home, hence the PON training this time.

I will definately be glad when he's home.... just not excited at the 3am fact lol. YAWN.... time for me to nap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well DH is off now....should be getting to the airport in an hour or so.

It was a rough start. He went to bed early to get a few hours sleep, and set his alarm. I stayed up for a bit then napped on the couch. I woke up at 2:25 (he had to be in the city for 3.....its a 30-35min drive). Needless to say, I ran upstairs and woke him up...(he had set his alarm wrong).... Within 5mins we were out the door (not the way he wanted, he planned on getting up at 1:30 so he could shower, eat something and we'd leave at 2:15)

So we called on our way, and found another stop that the shuttle makes that we would be able to make on time.....got into that stop at 3, shuttle got there at 3:15. Thank goodness we were able to catch a different stop...whew. Otherwise I would have had to drive him in to Toronto (2.5hrs drive minimum) then drive back.... which is a heck of a lot of driving for me, and my back/hand issues.

Thankfully we made it on time.... Of course I couldn't sleep when I got home at 3:45 since I was sooo wound up from the panic of jumping up and going.

I am hoping he has a safe flight, and will be more relaxed when he texts me to let me know he's safe in California. I told him I hope he has a great trip and that it goes better than it started.

I miss him already