Switching from kitten food to all stages?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 9wks old today.... eating a mixture of diffrent brands of canned kitten food (I still add a little water to the pate because they seem to like that better), wellness adult chicken (cheaper than buying the kitten and not a huge difference in nutritional analysis) and they have a bowl of kibble.... The kibble is a mixture...

1 small bag of wellness kitten ( I believe it is 5lbs ), 2 sample packs of Chicken soup for the kitten, couple cups of TOTW, and couple cups of Wellness core...(might be a couple other sample bags mixed in as well...I can't remember).

They love the mixture and have had no digestive issues with it.

Eventually I want them on the same as Kizzy, which is TOTW and another brand (it varies...but half decent, grain) (70% TOTW, 30% other food). But TOTW is all stages, and the other mixed in is adult food.

What age would be good to switch them to an all stage food like TOTW?

TOTW has more protein than wellness kitten, and the same fat content.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone? Sharky?

I know all stages is not nessecarily meant for young kittens..... I think by the time they are done this bag of mixed food, they will be about 12-13wks old... Would that be ok to switch them over to the mix that Kizzy is on?

thx

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Anyone? Sharky?

I know all stages is not nessecarily meant for young kittens..... I think by the time they are done this bag of mixed food, they will be about 12-13wks old... Would that be ok to switch them over to the mix that Kizzy is on?

thx
Just do the typical mix over

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Just do the typical mix over
at what age though? That's what I'm trying to figure out, what age is good to switch kittens to an all stages food?

I know well about the gradual switchover, I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy another bag of kitten food, or if by the time this one is done that it would be ok for them to move onto an all stages food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
try kitten wet for the next few months ( Hint I still throw in kitten wet and my boys are 24 and 18 months )