Question about new Star Trek movie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If we absolutely cannot stand Wynona Ryder, do you think we'll be able to enjoy watching the movie despite the fact she's in it?

Thanks!

Laurie

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, don't I feel stupid?! I've seen the Trek movie and had no idea she was in it!
I guess that means I don't think it will bother you.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw it last weekend with another TCS member and didn't even realize Winona Ryder was in it until she pointed it out. Great movie! I think you'll really enjoy it.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she's not in it very much and she barely talks. And she's wearing make-up to look old. You'll still enjoy it.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't recognize her at all and only after the movie was over did I found out it was her. She has a such small part in the movie that I don't think it will bother you at all.

The movie is GREAT.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can't stand Wynona Ryder, either! But I agree with what everyone wrote, her part is very small. She uses that old lady voice like she did in Edward Scissorhands.
But all the rest of the movie is SO good, it's very easy to overlook her bit! (How does she keep getting work, she's a terrible actress.)

Go see!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AudioCat

I didn't recognize her at all and only after the movie was over did I found out it was her. She has a such small part in the movie that I don't think it will bother you at all.

The movie is GREAT.
DH didn't know it was her either til lI pointed it out. I agree, she has a small role and it definitely won't detract from your enjoyment of the movie.
I just saw it last night, and I loved it!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I completely forgot that she was in it, I had to really think to remember what her role was - it's a VERY small role

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember seeing her in it either, neither does DH! Was she spock's mom?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

If we absolutely cannot stand Wynona Ryder, do you think we'll be able to enjoy watching the movie despite the fact she's in it?

Thanks!

Laurie
I do not know. But I do know my daughter works with JJ Abrams and this movie was NEVER DONE IN IMAX. Theaters such as in Dallas are LYING and charging IMAX prices.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, hey.....(spoiler alert)

She gets killed anyway, so you can just enjoy that part
. But seriously, I didn't realize she was in it, either. Very small part.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the tip about her "old woman voice" that made me think of Spock's mom. Now it makes sense!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, I knew it was her -but her role is piddly. Speaking of JJ Abrahms. I had just started watching lost and I kept saying I KNOW THAT NAME. Now I know why!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

yeah, I knew it was her -but her role is piddly. Speaking of JJ Abrahms. I had just started watching lost and I kept saying I KNOW THAT NAME. Now I know why!
Don't forget Fringe. Our daughter does the casting for JJ Abrams for all the Fringe characters.

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love the new Star Trek movie. I'm seeing it for the fifth time this week. But I have to disagree, the moment Wynona Ryder shows up it is like a screeching halt to the movie. Same with Tyler Perry! Still the movie is awesome and I can't wait for it to come out on Blu-ray.

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was in that?? Had no idea.

What is the consensus on the ST movie? Initially I thought it was good but not great. After ending up seeing it a second time I seemed to enjoy it much more and would re-classify it as "great". No kidding?Wynona Rider? Hmmm...