Let's identify this strange movie!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this over on another website but I figured I might get some clues here...

I seem to recall watching a strange drama as a kid; I'm not sure if it was a movie, tv show, or tv movie. It looked like it was from the 70s or early 80s. The only part I can really remember is this little girl is colouring at a table, something about her mom freaking out, and long, dark hair in a kitchen sink. I -think- the kitchen was some horrid pea green colour.
I'm not sure if the 'mom freaking out' thing is just a figment of my imagination, but I definitely remember the colouring and hair/sink bit. I know it's not Sybil, because I've seen that movie and had it on dvd.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Possibly the Amityville Horror?
Never seen it. Was there a strange "hair in sink" part?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was strange things with the plumbing, been a very long time since I saw it.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I made a thread about this a few years ago!
EnzoLeya said she remembered it too. It's been suggested that it was "The Three Faces of Eve" and "Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night", but I haven't seen either of those yet.

I also have two commercials that have been bothering me:

I remember watching what looked like a PSA or commercial that had somebody talking on a phone and another person showering, and the person in the shower started screaming. Vague, I know.

There's another one, too, in which a homeless kid is on a doorstep and he has a birthday cake. I recall it was quite sad for a commercial.

I think they were both Canadian.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't there a scene in Poltergeist 2 where the little girl is sitting at the table coloring and something black starts to run into the sink but as soon as the Grandma turns around it turns back into water.....???????

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Isn't there a scene in Poltergeist 2 where the little girl is sitting at the table coloring and something black starts to run into the sink but as soon as the Grandma turns around it turns back into water.....???????
That sounds familiar - especially the Grandma bit. I always thought I saw this at my Grandma's house but perhaps I got the details mixed up. Was the girl sitting in front of the sink?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

That sounds familiar - especially the Grandma bit. I always thought I saw this at my Grandma's house but perhaps I got the details mixed up. Was the girl sitting in front of the sink?
Yes she was sitting on the opposite side of an island, and the sink was behind her grandmother who was standing there talking to her.

The little girl looked at the sink and her eyes got really wide when she saw the black stuff running from it. Her grandmother wondered what she was looking at and turned around but by then it had turned back to water...

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel absolutely nuts when I ask about this movie because nobody knows what I'm talking about!
I'll try and watch Poltergeist 2 and see if there is a "hair" in sink scene.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Was it "The Fog"?
Is there a "hair" in sink part?