Who do you blame?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have two cats at the present and realize most people on here have more. When I read through the various posts on cat behavior, I often read that when something bad happens around the house, the owner does not know who the guilty culprit (cat) is, even when they may only have two cats.

In my case, whenever anything is found knocked off, broken, chewed up, or just plain lost, we know exactly who to blame. Persi. We never get up to find a broken vase and say "one of the cats broke the vase"; no, we just say "Persi broke the vase". Period. No trial. No judge. Guilty as charged!

How about you? When you find something amiss in your home do you immediately know who to blame? And as an adjunct, have you ever done something bad and blamed it on one of your cats?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have anything breakable left.

....but with seven cats, when stuff on a table is now on a floor.... we know exactly who to blame too. Flowerbelle. (If it's just one item, it could have been an accident as someone ran across it. But if it's a bunch of stuff.... yup, no trial, no judge, guilty as charged!)

Laurie

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat that still does bad kitty things, so I always know who to blame.

Spaz, quite honestly, is the best cat anyone could ever ask for.
In all her 15 years, she has never had or developed any bad habits aside from begging.

Baby knows what "No" means and never repeats a behavior once admonished for it.

Jade on the other hand is still very much a kitten in her ways and still tries to push her limits, I'm always saying "No! Jade!" or "Get down! Jade!".
Usually she reserves her bad bahavior for the time slot between 3am and 5am

I can't get mad at her though....we all develop at different paces

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

In my case, whenever anything is found knocked off, broken, chewed up, or just plain lost, we know exactly who to blame. Persi. We never get up to find a broken vase and say "one of the cats broke the vase"; no, we just say "Persi broke the vase". Period. No trial. No judge. Guilty as charged!

[/i]
Hahaha that is funny! We do the same with Capone. Whenever something is chewed up especially the couch or baseboards we just say "oh no! Capone is chewing again!". We just know, even if we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t catch him. Too funny! lol.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not so much now that he's older, but Moose was always the guilty party. He used to knock pictures off the wall, run around with my "unmentionables" in his mouth, chew cords, tip the water and food bowls over, and on and on.

Generally, he's calmed down, but regresses frequently.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I hear a crash in the middle of the night, I say "What's Lola doing now?"
She's just over a year old and plays all night long.

Chew marks on something I know are Stimpy's handiwork. Nabu prefers to shove things on the floor when you are looking at him, especially while you are telling him to stop it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No problems at all. Bijou is my little dog-cat. He sleeps through the night cuddled up to me so isn't out making trouble. He truly understands the word "no". All I have to do is say no and he backs off of whatever he was doing. I truly cannot blame him for anything.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fawn is our perpetual kitten (just turned 8). Any naughty kitty behaviour is immediately attributed to her, and she's usually not far away with the "who me?" big blue eyes. Her judgement is improving, so things are less likely to fall by accident now. However, she still has a thing for watching combs fall and then killing them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never know. It could have been any or all of them. Definitley some more than others, but you really just never know.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Fawn is our perpetual kitten (just turned 8). Any naughty kitty behaviour is immediately attributed to her, and she's usually not far away with the "who me?" big blue eyes. Her judgement is improving, so things are less likely to fall by accident now. However, she still has a thing for watching combs fall and then killing them.
OMG - I can just picture her killing the combs and then looking up with those big blue eyes saying "who me"?

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amadeus and Symphony love getting into mischief, when one gets his/her paws into some thing the other follows (like a partner in crime). It's usually Symphony doing the investigating first and then when some thing comes crashing down both Amadeus and Symphony look to the floor in a bemused look as if to say "How did that fall down?"

I'm usually too daft to blame either of them though, so I usually blame myself. "Oh what a silly person I am for leaving that there"

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forrest! It's always Forrest.
We call him our little "Night Monkey" cause he gets into everything.

Forrest also has a total fascination with gravity. Anything that is small enough to be pushed onto the floor will be. Whenever I hear Lilly hissing I know Forrest is right there annoying her in some way. He is very intelligent and gets into everything - BUT, he's also the sweetest cat ever and we love him dearly.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've been blaming Smudge for everything cause he's the baby of the group (at 15 pounds, haha) but just last night I caught Elsa intentionally knocking stuff off the piano. I think she just KNOWS Smudge is getting in trouble for it!

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah each one of the cats in this apartment has their particular evil traits.

Prissy, the nearly 10 year old rescue, has reduced one corner of my couch to threads, and likes to get tangled up in the blinds. If I hear scratching from another room, I know EXACTLY who's doing it.

The rescued mama cat doesn't like sharing her litter box with her kittens (even though I clean it out twice a day), so if I come home and something smells, I know who it was.

The 4 kittens haven't learned their boundaries yet, so when I hear my end tables crashing over, my drapes being pulled down, food bowls getting tipped over, or find a roll of toilet paper completely unwound and shredded all over the house, i know who the culprits are. (especially when you find all of them cuddled up together sleeping in a shredded toilet paper nest). Innocent little demons!

And oddly enough, since I brought the mother cat into my home, any bread left on the counter ends up devoured right through the bag. I tried putting it in the cupboard, but someone has the dexterity to hook paws behind the doors and crack them open. I'm waiting for her to figure out how to pull open drawers. My bread will never be safe again!

Oh, and there's nothing funnier than coming home and finding a kitten sleeping in a pot under the counter. I can't keep them out of anything!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When something falls here it is either the Russian Blue mix Sasha or my Sphynx Cleo.
Most of the time is is Sasha.
She broke my expensive things before.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In our house we have one "low" cat and one "high" cat. Because of Forest's CH he can only get up onto a few pieces of furniture himself. Forest is such a bully about "his" floor, though, that Tailer spends most of his time in the higher, safer elevations. So it's pretty easy at our house. If it happened to something on a table, shelf, or ledge...it was Tailer. If it happened to something that was on the floor...it was Forest.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on what is being done.

If it's a new rip in screen door than it's blamed on Magnum. We are forever removing Magnum from the screens. Either it's the lizard cage or the screened in porch. He would stay hooked to the screen forever just watching.

If it's stuff being knock off high shelves than the cat responsible is Sampson. He loves to walk the very narrow edges and if something were
to fall, Oh well.... he can't hear it anyway. So it's no big deal to him.

Now if it's Trouble screaming bloody murder than the cat to blame for that is ALWAYS Pooh Bear. He loves to terrorize her and she absolutely HATES him. So whenever you hear Trouble screaming we normally yell..Poooohhhh outside now! Leave her alone!

Just for the record, outside is through the cat door and into the porch enclosure. I don't want anyone thinking I throw him outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

. Because of Forest's CH he can only get up onto a few pieces of furniture himself.
Please excuse my ignorance but I do not know what CH is. It does not sound good and I am sorry for Forest.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cerebelar Hypoplasia (sp?) it is like Cerebral Palsy, the brain isn't usually affected, just the motorskills