Making a Kitty Litter Cake!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a kitty litter cake in last year's TCS cookbook, I believe you can get realistic looking poop by using large toostie rolls at room temperature and shaping them by hand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

There is a kitty litter cake in last year's TCS cookbook, I believe you can get realistic looking poop by using large toostie rolls at room temperature and shaping them by hand.
Thanks, I've seen that. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I've seen brownies too. I'm a MAJOR perfectionist when it come to baking. It's terrible, I get so stressed out.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may have posted the Kitty Litter Cake recipe in the TCS cookbook, and even if I didn't, as editor I would have made sure one was included!

Those cakes crack me up, but outside of a TCS get together party or a Humane Society fundraiser, I'm not sure that I could get anyone to eat it!

The recipe I had used tootsie rolls, but softened them up by slightly heating them to remove the lines that are in tootsie rolls.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried cat poop cookies?

1/2 c honey
2/3 c butter or margerine
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract
2 c whole what flour
1.3 c cocoa powder
1/2 coconut
grape nuts
microwave honey until it bubble add in butter temper egg and add with well with other ingredients chill in fridge for an hour, roll unto various "poop shapes and bake at 350 15 to 20 minutes seve on grapenuts or roll in grapenuts prior to baking.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

Have you tried cat poop cookies?

1/2 c honey
2/3 c butter or margerine
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla or peppermint extract
2 c whole what flour
1.3 c cocoa powder
1/2 coconut
grape nuts
microwave honey until it bubble add in butter temper egg and add with well with other ingredients chill in fridge for an hour, roll unto various "poop shapes and bake at 350 15 to 20 minutes seve on grapenuts or roll in grapenuts prior to baking.
lol, those sound good, actually.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think brownies would work better than tootsie rolls. I would get the cheap Little Debbie brownies at the grocery store.

I'm not sure I could eat that cake though

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE make sure you line the (clean, new) litter pan with foil or food-safe plastic wrap! You do not want to eat anything that is stored in plastics that are not meant for food!

Household plastics contain mercury and lead, plus anything else the manufacturer wants to put in there. Food will leach these chemicals out of the plastic, especially fats and liquids. Don't use the (clean, new) scoop for serving, either, please put it on the side as a decoration.

It's a cool cake, but please make it safe!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

PLEASE make sure you line the (clean, new) litter pan with foil or food-safe plastic wrap! You do not want to eat anything that is stored in plastics that are not meant for food!

Household plastics contain mercury and lead, plus anything else the manufacturer wants to put in there. Food will leach these chemicals out of the plastic, especially fats and liquids. Don't use the (clean, new) scoop for serving, either, please put it on the side as a decoration.

It's a cool cake, but please make it safe!
Yes I read all that. Thank you.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg I could never eat that!! hahah hilarious idea..I might consider eating it if it wasn't in a litter pan and didn't have a dirty scoop right next to it.
This picture makes me feel like the person took a pic of their cat's litter box and just wrote the recipe next to it pretending like it's a cake

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Creative, but a little gross don't you think?

For my birthday, my family got me a Spongebob Squarepants cake. Sure, I'm 26, but whereas growing old is cumpolsory, growing up is optional.

You sure your fiance's mom wouldn't prefer a traditional cake? If she likes cats, maybe making it cat themed, instead of cat excrement themed would be more appetizing?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

Creative, but a little gross don't you think?

For my birthday, my family got me a Spongebob Squarepants cake. Sure, I'm 26, but whereas growing old is cumpolsory, growing up is optional.

You sure your fiance's mom wouldn't prefer a traditional cake? If she likes cats, maybe making it cat themed, instead of cat excrement themed would be more appetizing?
Yep, very gross. But it's food. I'm going to make it and eat it.