Ummmm....Freya...you do realise that's not yours, right?

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
So I enjoy quilting and my cats are generally interested in the quilts while I'm assembling the layers, but not much after that until they're done and on a bed or a couch.

For the last month I've been working on an anniversary quilt for a good friend. It's the only quilt I've made since getting Freya that I have absolutely no intention of keeping, since it's a gift.

Well, Freya has decided that it's hers. I'm fiishing the top, she's laying on it. I'm assembling the ting, she's laying on it. I'm markig the quilting patter, she's laying on it. I'm actually quilting the pattern, she's laying on it. I come down at night to get a drink, she's laying on it. This morning, I was binding it on the chair she doesn't like int th living room (thisis on purpose) and where's Freya? On the quilt. On the chair she hates.

Why is she so attached to the only quilt I never planned to keep?

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe she's trying to make sure the gift carries all sorts of good vibes with it - especially beautiful kitty vibes - and is bunting that quilt in every way possible. Or else, you're going to be in big trouble when (if) the gift actually leaves your home.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cats can sense when you don't want them to mess with something and make a beeline right for that object. It's their way of telling us who's still in charge.

She's just trying to contribute something to the gift, since you didn't ask her, a few cat hairs.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merindah

Guess you'll need to make Freya her own quilt!
If she's a typical cat she won't want that one. They only want what they can't have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

If she's a typical cat she won't want that one. They only want what they can't have.
This is what I figure will happen.

I have another one to bind after I finish this one and I'll bet money that she has absolutly no interest in it. Even better, last night as I'm working on the gift quilt, I had her and Cotton in my lap...sigh. They really do have a built in sense for the things they're not supposed to have.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, Cammy knows just right where I don't want her. I'll be working in the kitchen, she's on the fridge watching me, the part I'm hoping she won't come down is when she jumps down to investigate.