Little One acting strange....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our one cat, Little One, was a friendly and playful kitten but for the last 2 years (well, since we decided to keep the 3 youngest who she HATED when they were kittens) she barely has given us the time of day. She would tolerate being petted but preferred to be left alone. The only time she would really acknowledge us was at dinner time.
Surprise!

Something apparently happened to make her have a change of heart but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. The night before last all of a sudden she wanted in our bedroom when we went to bed. We normally sleep with the door closed so we don't end up with kitty WW3 in our room, but we let her in thinking she would just sniff around, get bored and leave. Nope...she hopped up on the bed and demanded attention, rolling all over the place and purring her head off! We were speechless! We even opened the door a few times to see if she wanted out (no litter box in the bed room) but she made herself at home on the ceder chest and slept there all night.

Last night, she was WAITING for us to go to bed. As soon as I opened the door, she hopped up on the bed and started again. This time she curled up between me and DH until we got her to move to the other side of me. And she slept there ALL NIGHT!

Now, believe me, I'm NOT complaining...it's just so unlike her. It's like someone flipped a switch because she just changed overnight. She doesn't act upset or hurt or anything. It almost seems like she's in heat but she was fixed when she was little. We do have barn cats coming into heat now...could she possibly be picking up on them? She never did before....

We're both just flabbergasted.

Has anyone else's cat suddenly do a 180 after 3 years of ignoring you?

(oops, sorry, I meant to post this in the behavior forum...please move it if you need to).

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Has anyone else's cat suddenly do a 180 after 3 years of ignoring you?
My senior Joji would be the one. Now that she's over 12 years old, she lets me hold her, sleeps with me and is quite affectionate. In her younger days, she was pretty untouchable.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch did - she hated anyone paying any attention to her for years....about 2 years ago (at the age of 5) she became a "pet". She will want attention occaisonally - and you can rub her tummy, scratch her chin, or pet her.....but she's still a Queen B for the most part.