What do you think he's mixed with?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - I am on my cat rescue high-horse these days! This guy just came into the Livingston County (Michigan) Death Sentence - oh, sorry I mean Animal Control.

We are discussing what he might be mixed with? What do you breeders and cat experts think?

Maine Coon? Norwegian Forest Cat? Can't really tell how fluffy the tail is from the photo!

Gorgeous, huh?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he has the very fluffy tail like you say, I would guess Norwegian Forest...
Very Gorgeous!!! Did you rescue him? How old and how big do you think he is?
Was he a stray, or turned in??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

If he has the very fluffy tail like you say, I would guess Norwegian Forest...
Very Gorgeous!!! Did you rescue him? How old and how big do you think he is?
Was he a stray, or turned in??
Either brought in or picked up as a stray. I can't really make out the tail. MC have fluffy tails, too, if I am not mistaken. I don't know the finer points of difference between MCs and Weegies....

No we haven't rescued him. Don't know age and size. At Animal control he has to be held for 7 days for an owner to step forward, then he is available ... and has 7 days to be adopted or he gets euthanized. That is their policy and boy does it stink.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely mixed with nothing, domestic long hair. Most domestic cats do not have pedigree backgrounds, even if they may resemble a few characteristics.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, suely moggie. But if you wish to compare with something, it is probably the Norvegian Forest Cat. Straigh nose, triangular long face.

thus longhair domestic of NFC-type is my guess.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No ear or toe tufts such as NFC or MC would have.
He's gorgeous though.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he needs to be advertised to get him a home quickly then I would bite the bulllet and put his description as 'DLH Norwegian Forest Cat Lookalike' - I don't agree with anyone saying a cat is part something unless they can prove it, but saying lookalike is OK IMO and plenty of people interested in certain breeds might be very happy with a lookalike from a shelter.