baby question for a friend

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my friends baby just turned a year old last month and has decided he does not want to be in his crib anymore. He has figured out a way to lower the side and get out whenever he feels like it...
They arent sure about switching him to a toddler bed since he is still so young and cannot walk all that much still.
I suggested a crib tent but not sure if that will help or not?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

One of my friends baby just turned a year old last month and has decided he does not want to be in his crib anymore. He has figured out a way to lower the side and get out whenever he feels like it...
They arent sure about switching him to a toddler bed since he is still so young and cannot walk all that much still.
I suggested a crib tent but not sure if that will help or not?

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Assuming the bedroom is childproof, I would suggest the crib mattress on the floor and a baby gate at the door of the room. That's what I did for my one DD who was about the same age... she walked fairly well, but climbing out of her crib always scared me..... so I made sure her room was childproofed, and just put the mattress on the floor.... Once she was better at walking, she moved into a bed with a guardrail.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Assuming the bedroom is childproof, I would suggest the crib mattress on the floor and a baby gate at the door of the room. That's what I did for my one DD who was about the same age... she walked fairly well, but climbing out of her crib always scared me..... so I made sure her room was childproofed, and just put the mattress on the floor.... Once she was better at walking, she moved into a bed with a guardrail.
That is what I had to do for my daughter also. she would bounce then flip herself out of the crib. I put her mattress on the floor and put up a baby gate.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I did the very same thing for my youngest son.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also suggest the mattress on the floor and a baby gate. I nannied for a one year old once that wouldn't sleep/stay in his crib so his mother did just that and he did just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome! Thanks guys! I knew I could get some good advice from you! all!