Zoomies

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom had a rare attack of the zoomies this afternoon. I was reclining on the lounge having a bowl of soup. I had the spoon almost to my mouth when Blossom came out of nowhere, jumped across my lap to the floor & onto the window sill. And I didn't spill a drop.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cammy usually gets those daily, or more. We call it a whack-attack. She flipping out right now. lol.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow - I'm not sure who has the talent, you or Blossom!
If any mine zoomed across my lap, I not only would have lost the spoon (not just spilled, had the whole spoon slung across the room!), but the bowl and whatever it was sitting on would likely be knocked over as well. And then I would get the glare for having the audacity to have something wet that spilled on them when they knocked everything over and out of my hands.
And I know I'm not talented enough to catch any of it either.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats ALWAYS have the zoomies
But Dolce' has a new thing she does
she is my weight loss coach
everytime I go to put food in my mouth she tries to slap it out of my hand

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is immune to catnip. I actually think she dislikes the smell. She has several spaz attacks daily. Which is quite a whirlwind when you have an apartment the size of a hotel suite.

I attibute this to being 7m/o and bored.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Wow - I'm not sure who has the talent, you or Blossom!
If any mine zoomed across my lap, I not only would have lost the spoon (not just spilled, had the whole spoon slung across the room!), but the bowl and whatever it was sitting on would likely be knocked over as well. And then I would get the glare for having the audacity to have something wet that spilled on them when they knocked everything over and out of my hands.
And I know I'm not talented enough to catch any of it either.
Me, too! I always spill things, and my pair of zoomies are always running across my lap, belly, legs, feet, whatever, and tripping me up, scaring the bejeezus out of me. I would have splattered it all over the room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing is, that she hasn't had the zoomies for such a long time. When she was a kitten she had them twice a day for the 1st year I had her.

This time it started out by attacking my legs when I walked past her. Hiding from under a cushion, then attack. Finally with the soup bowl. I'm surprised I didn't spill a drop too. I surpose it was so quick I didn't have time to react. I was just stunned.

Five minutes after the act she was asleep on the lounge next to me as if nothing had happeded.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailer rarely gets them, but Forest gets them on an almost daily basis. Forest is my CH kitty (he has motor function problems), and his zoomie attacks are hilarious!! He gets completely out of control and goes off in about five different directions at once. It's impossible to watch them and not absolutely crack up.

purplefizz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hee hee, I love the zoomies too! Edward likes to throw himself off the bottom step then jump back up and do it again! And he likes to run with a plastic straw in his mouth!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats go nuts. I feel bad for my downstairs neighbor
But she has a cat, so she probably knows it won't go on forever. Just a little sprint around the house for exercise.
Whats great is when my Fiona eggs on one of the cats to chase her so she can run like a crazy kitty. She absolutely loves to run!