Everything is all messed up!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I totally messed up my school/vacation schedule!!!

I'm on vacation in FL right now, and APARENTLY one of my classes started yesterday, and the other one starts Saturday!!! I had no clue. Luckily I go back home tomorrow, so I'll only miss the first class, but still!!

THEN I planned on going away for my DH's b-day mid June.... AND I HAVE CLASS THEN!!! Should I just cancle the reservation (the Poconose) or skipp class???

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry! (But it is kinda funny when it's not ME).

How do you generally do at class? If you can keep the grade without attending class, I say go for your vacation. But if things haven't been going so great (and you're already missing some classes!), then it's time to be practical and cancel the reservation.

Get home safe!

Laurie

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont know about there but here first day classes are always just a short sweet get to know the course kinda day and nothing to worry too much about if you miss. As for your other trip, I would have to agree to wait a bit and see how you think you will be doing at that point before you decide to miss or not. Also how many classes would you be missing? Its its more than two it may be a bad idea! Also make sure to find out if your teacher takes attendance and if it counts for or against you in the final grade. Maybe email the professor and ask if you could get the work and lecture in note form.
Would also work to make a friend in the class and ask to borrow their notes from any you missed.

Hopefully things will work out for you!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

I totally messed up my school/vacation schedule!!!

I'm on vacation in FL right now, and APARENTLY one of my classes started yesterday, and the other one starts Saturday!!! I had no clue. Luckily I go back home tomorrow, so I'll only miss the first class, but still!!

THEN I planned on going away for my DH's b-day mid June.... AND I HAVE CLASS THEN!!! Should I just cancle the reservation (the Poconose) or skipp class???
First days aren't that important.

As for the Poconos, it is romantic there for his birthday, right? So, how much class time will you miss vs. a hot mini-vacation?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

First days aren't that important.
Actually, if there's a wait list, unless you email the professor, you can get bumped. I'd email or call the school and get the professor's voicemail or email. Let them know you goofed up and do want to be there. Most profs will still let you in. Some, not so much. If there's a wait list, hope they're not a jerk.

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the teacher was okay with me missing one class, but since there are only five sessions
, I decided to move our trip until Fourth of July Weekend.