Goodlife Recipe?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty good food or no? We are looking for a better food but with 4 cats and 2 college students the budget is tight around here! So we are looking for a healthier food that doesnt cost as much. We usually buy the big bags and are hoping for something under $20. If it is close to $20 thats okay to! We just want to look at a better option!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a free sample of the dry and my cats puked it up...it seems to have artificial coloring in it, but I could be wrong.

I'm sticking with the expensive stuff - I feed Royal Canin Adult Fit 32, and with 5 cats eating it daily, two $40 each 15-pound bags last me anywhere from 2-4 months. That works out to about $20-30 a month on dry to feed 5.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skimble

Many "feed and seed" co-op type stores carry Taste of the Wild (a grain free good quality) and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover brand. The price around here for Taste of the Wild is around $25 for a big bag.

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/dealer_locator/

http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...ealer_locator/
I'll have to check on them sometime. One of the places that carries both jack up their food prices pretty bad...
I will try to get to the other tomorrow while I am actually off work! Thanks!

The other trick is talking the roommate into the price change. Hopefully with summer being here and both of us working more $10 more for food wont seem like such a huge leap. It not I will probably just agree to always buy the food or something

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Purina naturals is a decent food ( ie no colors or by products).. it runs ab out 1$ a lb

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys have a costco membership card? I hear their Kirkland food is pretty good, and a large 25lbs bag costs only $15...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no costco near us. (actually I searched their site, there isnt one within 50 miles of here... lol) There is a sams club but we havent gotten a membership. We have debated on it a bit though. We were hoping to wait until they did one of those open house things with discounts, but the last one they had we had absolutely no money for anything extra, maybe there will be another one soon!