Anyone see the new Terminator movie?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if it's worth spending the money to see it or if I should wait for the DVD. I saw Star Trek already, that was awesome.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the first two Terminators and liked the third. The forth one is horrible. I have heard from some people that liked it, but most people agree with me.

Star Trek WAS awesome!! And I'm not a Star Trek fan!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I was really disappointed with Terminator Salvation. By far the worst of the series. I'd give it a 2 out of 10.
Me too, maybe even less. I was SO dissapointed, I wanted it to be good.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen it but heard it was supposed to be good. The guy who directed it talked with James Cameron about how he wanted the series to go so I heard it was supposed to be decent. I haven't a clue.. I'm not big on the movies myself and won't be seeing it.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like the new Terminator movie bombed
I think I'll pass and go
see the new Star Trek movie instead. I haven't gotten around to it yet.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend saw it and liked it, but his standards are low lol he will like any action movie w/ lots of special effects and cool super human talents. I wouldn't see this movie because I barely could stand the previous terminator movies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first two were good (especially the first one) but I have a feeling that I'll be disappointed with this one.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard from people that it was disappointing
I was really looking forward to it also as I loved the first 2 Terminator movies, I don't think I saw the 3rd one? I even watched the TV series that was unfortunately canceled
Why do they always have to ruin things!!!!????

Star Trek was awesome

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I've heard from people that it was disappointing
I was really looking forward to it also as I loved the first 2 Terminator movies, I don't think I saw the 3rd one? I even watched the TV series that was unfortunately canceled
Why do they always have to ruin things!!!!????
My DH has really been wanting to see the series. Since the new movie came out you may be able to catch 3 on tv, I know it's shown on channels like FX fairly often.

DH was also wanting to go see the new one, I figured it would probably be disappointing.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were planning on seeing Terminator Salvation the weekend it was released.
Then...we started seeing the reviews.
Then we saw individual's reactions to the movie, which were worse than the reviews.
Now we're probably going to wait until it comes out on DVD, or maybe even cable TV.

We were SO looking forward to it, too. I love Christian Bale, not just because he's hot, but because he usually chooses really good roles. This one seems to be on par with Reign of Fire (which also *could have been* so good, but failed on so many levels). T1 & T2 were really good. We saw T3 at a sneak preview and, well, they didn't use any of our quotes for the reviews.
Hated that one. From what we've heard of Salvation - if you like big booms and special effects, it's good. If you actually want a story line? Skip it. It doesn't flesh out and it doesn't tie back with the previous three. Even in the trailer you hear John Connor saying "This is not the future my mother told me about."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I went and saw the movie and didn't think it was that bad. I've never been one to put much stock into what the so-called professional movie critics say anyway. If I went off of their opinion when it came to movies I'd never go to the theater because they rarely anything to begin with.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only reason I'd go to it, is to stare like a drooling idiot at Christian Bale. The few trailers I've seen look horrible, so I doubt I'd waste my money....even for CB.

I saw Angels & Demons when it came out, and it was awesome. I'm usually quite disappointed when they make a movie out of a book I've read. This one, they did pretty well. Of course, I read the book a l-o-n-g time ago, so maybe that's why I wasn't disappointed!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just went to a matinee showing a few days ago. I enjoyed it but not anywhere near as much as I had hoped for. Just can`t beat those first two installments in the Terminator mythos,can they? If you are a fan of the series I`d recommend seeing it on the big screen.I liked the movie as an action,sci-fi film but wish it felt more like those original COOL,CREEPY future flashbacks that worked so well in Terminator and T-2.

Just my $0.02 worth.
HosMan

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Well, I went and saw the movie and didn't think it was that bad. I've never been one to put much stock into what the so-called professional movie critics say anyway. If I went off of their opinion when it came to movies I'd never go to the theater because they rarely anything to begin with.
I agree - I rarely feel the same way the critics do about a film and I often find that films some folks LOVE, I hate and vice versa. LOTR is a perfect example - my hubby and daughter loved it as well as many other people. I hated it and couldn't stand to watch it.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I saw Angels & Demons when it came out, and it was awesome. I'm usually quite disappointed when they make a movie out of a book I've read. This one, they did pretty well. Of course, I read the book a l-o-n-g time ago, so maybe that's why I wasn't disappointed!
Thanks for your opinion on Angels & Demons! I read all of Dan Browns books and saw The Da Vinci Code which to me, was just OK. I thought A&D was a better book so I can't wait to see the movie

I guess I'll break down and and put the new Terminator movie on my list to 'go see' along with Star Trek

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I agree - I rarely feel the same way the critics do about a film and I often find that films some folks LOVE, I hate and vice versa. LOTR is a perfect example - my hubby and daughter loved it as well as many other people. I hated it and couldn't stand to watch it.
You are not the only one - I don't like LOTR either.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to see Terminator Judgment day last weekend and thought it was fun! Definitely well done special effects, great character development and good script. I don't know how many people actually saw the first 2 terminators on the big, but this was one of the best scripts out of the series........