Ariels little "incident"...babies gone=(

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, first of all, sorry I haven't been on in a while- I've been really busy...
So, yesterday, my babies left=( I'm so sad, but the shelter said that they had 12 people waiting for kittens, and 2 of ours will go together, so thats good.
Well, perfect timing, yesterday something horrible happened with Ariel. I feel really bad about it, but there's nothing I can do now...here it goes:
On our foster room, we always keep the window open a bit with the screen because it is a small room that needs cerculation from the litterbox and stuff.
Well, Ariel went in to heat bright and early yesterday morning. And a great big tomcat came by yesterday. Well, she had pulled out the screen when we found her(I know, we should have had more reinforcments
). We only know that we heard meowing for the last half-hour(we thought it was just coming from the room). We don't know if she was just meowing at the screen or what, but she eventually got out- when we found her and the tom, they were smelling each other, so I don't know if they'd already mated or were going to..I guess we'll have to wait and see
We told the shelter, and they were really nice about it to us...they weren't happy, but they knew that it was a mistake.
Well, sorry it's so long- we're going to keep in touch with the shelter about it...

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if they mated, there's time to get Ariel spayed now that the kittens are gone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lyrajean

Even if they mated, there's time to get Ariel spayed now that the kittens are gone.
Ya, thats what I'm hoping the shelter will do!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope they choose that option as well. I know how hard it is to deal with a female in heat. My momma Ginger is in heat and its a big deal because she and the babies are kept in the cage outside. I haven't let her out of the cage in a week. I think she now understands that I'm not going to let her--as when I open the door she doesn't even try to come out, she goes to the opposite end and just lets the babies come out for play time. She must be miserable and I long to relieve that suffering, that urge to mate that she's had to live with for this long. I want her to enjoy being a young cat, a life without responsibility!

Leslie

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know!=]
I'm guessing that the shelter will spay her now- I hope...

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

If the shelter won't, maybe you could have your vet do it.
Well, we don't really have her any more, but the shelter knows, so it should be fine...I hope