In a rock and a hard place. Need advice..

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-stepmom called me last night. She is moving out of the trailer she is buying (2 years away from owning) and wants me and the hubs to take over for her. Would things be tight for use for the next two yrs., yeah but worth it in the end. She is not moving out for at least 6 mths from now. So here is the thing...I am right in the middle of college and I don't think I will by done by then. Maybe by next summer but not at the first of the year. I am going to talk to my advisor today to see what my options are to be done by Jan. My only other option is to stop the classes for now, get a regular job and then go back to school once the trailer is paid off. I say this because there is no branch of my college there. And none of the local colleges offer an exact course like I take now. So a few credits may transfer but not a lot. I really want to take this opportunity but do I want to stop college for this opportunity, I don't know. Is it a smart move? I don't know.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

My only other option is to stop the classes for now, get a regular job and then go back to school once the trailer is paid off.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!

You have come so far, do not set yourself back! If you quit school now, no matter how good the intentions, you will not go back! Especially since you already stated that there is no branch of your college where the trailer is!!

Finish your education now, get a good job and then you will be able to afford to buy a house or a trailer or a condo!

Quit school now = dead end job!
Finish School = Endless Possibilities!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree that your schooling is important! You have come so far
I have a couple of questions, why is your ex-stepmother walking away when she is so close to having trailer paid off? Will your dh keep his present job or have to find another one? What did your counseler say?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a tough decision. I don't know all the circumstances and my best advice is to do what you feel comfy with (that was easy
)
Did you talk to your counselor and find out if you can be done by January? If so, then it all works out great!
It's hard to say if you'd go back to school if you quit. My niece quit and went back after 3 years and finally got her law degree this year
It works for some but if it were me, I know I'd probably not go back to school so it would pay to stay put. I think it depends on how much of an achiever you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well first things first. I talked to my advisor and the soonest I could graduate would be this coming summer. So that pretty much summed up if I would be going first of the year or the summer. Then at 11am my husband called me and said he had some unbelieveable news from our landlord. At this point i was pacing expecting the worst. Well our landlord finally wants to sale us the trailer we live in. 5,000 interest free paid by month (same amount as rent) and after it is paid (about 20 mths) we will just pay lot rent. So we are taking the offer and staying put.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad to here that you are going to finish school (especially since you are so close).

And it is great that your landlord is giving you the opportunity to rent-to-own.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is great news!!! Amazing the timing of it all, huh?
I was going to say NO WAY to leave school, missy
! But I am glad it was not necessary!
Congrats!