Cat jumped out of window - where is she?

forumer9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First of all sorry because of my bad engish...

My cat jumped out of window today. I havent noticed that earlier. But when I did I ran out and tried to find her. But I couldn't.

We live in a flat, the neighbourhood isn't high traffic area. First floor.
She already jumped once. Luckily we found her that time because we acted right away.

Shes about one year old. We found her when she was very little.

We are trying to find her, but nothing....

I guess she jumped, and since no one come to pick her up, she decided to go away. But WHERE?
Where should we try to find her? Any places cats will try to find when they are scared? anything....???

thanks...

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try in small places, like under things or in between places. Probably places away from people and noise. Best of luck!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

forumer9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have found her!!!

she was hidding in car engine compartment all the day...just few meters from our window... poor thing... shes all dirty...but shes home again!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you found her! Maybe get screens for that window if you don't already? What some people have done is put up that lattice work used for a trellis.

Also, if she gets out in the future, do know that they usually do not go far at all - but they get scared in the new territory, so will not come when called. You have to do just what you did - go look for her.

Laurie

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by forumer9

We have found her!!!

she was hidding in car engine compartment all the day...just few meters from our window... poor thing... shes all dirty...but shes home again!!!
SHE sounds exactly like my Ben! When he was about 6 months old I got lazy and after putting the poops and pees in a bag I tossed them out the bathroom window to pick up and take to the trash later.

SOMETHING flew by me! I had a horrible feeling it was Ben. I searched the whole house for him several times and outside and then neighbor after neighbor. NO Ben. I was heartsick. I HAD to leave to take my, now late, SPoo to UC Davis and was gone about 10 hours.

I came back and called and searched again. NO Ben. I went around the neighborhood and one lady said she saw him but it turned out to be a look a like..

I came in and flushed the toilet and suddenly I HEARD him. I looked all around and even in the closet but no Ben. I flushed again and again I heard him. FINALLY it occured to me to check the deep towel drawer next to the sink. I opened it and there he was.

I have NO idea what flew out the window and NO idea how he got in the drawer OR how the drawer closed on him. I was SURE glad to see him though!

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

good thing you've found her!

Two bits of advice- if you haven't already done it get her chipped in case she is found and brought to a shelter and have her neutered if she isn't already- cats in heat tend to be focused on getting OUT

regards,

christine