Member under the Spotlight May 25 - May 31!...Breellablue!!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning dear Members of TCS…

Today I have the privilege RE-inagurate the Marvellous game "THE MEMBER UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT" This game have been with us for many years helping us to MADE good friends, because we really can know all about the Member under the spotlight!...
post here your daily questions for the member during a week, please ask all about you really wants to know and of course RESPECTING the own Privacy of our MEMBERS,...
I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members,..
of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!.

SO lets begin…
LEt me introduce to you to:

BREELLABLUE:

Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!..Today by my self the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs that I want to know if you know where I´m living …
AJUA!!!....

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php

Enought for NOW,....see you around my friend...

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CoolCat's questions:

1.- ¿Do you know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?
…as a country or as a city?
There is the country of Mexico, and also Mexico City. When I worked at a summer camp in Texas one of my favorite campers was a small 9 year old girl from Mexico City, her parents sent her to America to camp but she couldn't speak english!
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
I have never gotten to go there myself.
3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico????..
.. Is the place where I´m live!
….As you can see in Yucatán is locatated Chichen Itza (Mayan Ruins) one of the New 7 wonders of the Modern world!...

Here´s the link my friend..(about my city and you can see something too about Chichen….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
I have never heard of it before, but it looks like a beautiful place.
4.- Can you speak spanish?
Si, Pero muy peqeno. Estudiar dos anos.
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

I have some MP3's. I do indeed like it. I love to dance and who doesn't move for Spanish music?
6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
Pans Labyrinth, I absolutely love this movie. Very coming of age fairytale.
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I don't think TacoBell really counts as Mexican food, When I was in Texas I went to a Mexican Restaurant and they made the best burrito I've ever eaten.
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
Tequila Sunrise is my favorite.
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
Yes, I love Hammocks, I want one for my garden
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

Only in photographs and paintings.
11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://www.travelyucatan.com/cancun.php
My boyfriend has been there, but I have not.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey!

Congrats on being the spotlight memeber! Here are some questions about books!

What do you like to read? (favorite genres)
What types of books do you hate to read?
What is your favorite author?
Have you met any famous authors?
Where do you prefer to get your books? (used bookstore, book store, library, tag sale?)
What is the best book you read?
What is the worst?
What is your favorite?
What is the weirdest?
Do you read magazines? If so what?

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Vampcow's questions:

What do you like to read? (favorite genres)
Teen Fiction.
What types of books do you hate to read?
Badly written books
What is your favorite author?
Tamora Pierce and Diane Duane
Have you met any famous authors?
Not that stick out in memory.
Where do you prefer to get your books? (used bookstore, book store, library, tag sale?)
Doesn't matter to me
What is the best book you read?
Tricksters Choice and Tricksters Queen by Tamora Pierce.
What is the worst?
Twilight, it had such potential to become a well written book if only she had spent more time working on it.
What is your favorite?
The So You Want To Be a Wizard series by Diane Duane
What is the weirdest?
The Weetzie Bat series by Francesca Lia Block-- Weird but very good!
Do you read magazines? If so what?
Other than Game Informer not usually.

Also I am open to questions about my life, so long as they don't break the rules of the Spotlight Feature.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and congrats on being this weeks spotlight member!

I have some food questions

Do you like to cook?
Do you like to bake?
What's your favorite comfort food?
What food do you like the least?
Are you a coffee, tea or soda drinker?
While watching a movie at home, what do you snack on?
Do you normally eat breakfast?
Do you prefer salty or sweet?
What's your favorite fast food place?
What's your favorite veggie?
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to Member under the spotlight!

Here are my questions - if they're not too personal!

Do you live in a house, apartment or other?
Married?
Children?
Pets - how many, what animals, ages, names?
Student?/Job?
I know you're involved in cat rescue - is it a shelter, TNR group, and do you foster?

Have you traveled much?
Where's your favorite place in the U.S.?
Where's your favorite place outside the U.S. if you've traveled (to more than Mexico City)
?
Where would you most like to go that you haven't been?

Laurie

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lil Maggie's Questions:

Do you like to cook?
Depends. I really like to do things from scratch rather than an instant box-- but sometimes there really isn't time.
Do you like to bake?
I love to make tollhouse cookies, from scratch ofcourse.
What's your favorite comfort food?
my mothers christmas cookies
What food do you like the least?
I can't stand the idea of eating mushrooms... However I have eaten veggie burgers with mushroom in it, and also cream of mushroom soup, so long as there aren't huge chunks of mushroom in it.
Are you a coffee, tea or soda drinker?
None of the above, I will drink diet cola when the mood strikes, and I enjoy only iced coffee. Can't stand hot coffee and tea.
While watching a movie at home, what do you snack on?
Sometimes cookies
Do you normally eat breakfast?
I should do it every day because I'm borderline diabetic but sometimes I forget.
Do you prefer salty or sweet?
sweet
What's your favorite fast food place?
Tacobell
What's your favorite veggie?
Spaghetti Squash, I grow it in my garden.
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Vanilla Mint Chip, or regular mint chocolate chip.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LDG's Questions:

Do you live in a house, apartment or other?
Basement Apartment
Married?
Hopefully soon
Children?
Just my pets
Pets - how many, what animals, ages, names?
You asked for it:
~Yavie, Bearded Dragon, 6 years old, Orange/yellow morph
~Milo, Cat, About one year, Orange
~Oliver, Cat, Little more than a year, Orange
~Belladonna, Cat, still lives with my parents, almost 9 years old I believe, Tortie/White
~Nightshade, Cat, still lives with my parents, about 7 years old, Tortie/white
~Assorted rescues/fosters, also my boyfriend's mother's cats

Student?/Job?
College Student, Also work part time in a food court, I'd like to get a job at the Zoo though.
I know you're involved in cat rescue - is it a shelter, TNR group, and do you foster?
I rescued my first cat when I was 10. I found some kittens stuck in an abandoned garage that was set for demolition the next day. I couldn't get into the garage and only one kitten came out to me, I never learned what happened to the others. When I was 15 I caught a guy beating a small tortie and white kitten, I waited around till he went inside and took the kitten home (thats Nightshade). When I moved here to Syracuse to live with my boyfriend I learned this is mother is involved with a local rescue group, the CNY Cat Coalition. She drives their spay/neuter clinic and now with me here to help she's more involved with fostering. We also help recoup TNR's and evaluate them for adoption-ability. The coalition isn't a shelter per say, it's mostly people doing what they can but we have an adoption center agreement with Petsmart, we have cats who live there on display, waiting to be adopted. Most weekends we have fosters bring in other cats and kittens for adoption just for the day.

Have you traveled much?On mothers day I left the USA for the first time, went to Canada to see Niagra Falls. I've spent time in Florida and Texas also.
Where's your favorite place in the U.S.?I love south Texas. It was so beautiful there, we had a freshwater river that ran along the camp I worked in. I could sit on it's banks and just zone out for hours.
Where's your favorite place outside the U.S. if you've traveled (to more than Mexico City) ?
Since I've only been one place I'd have to say Niagra Falls, it was very beautiful.
Where would you most like to go that you haven't been?
Australia. I want to study reptiles there.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some questions from me

1. When you go to Australia will you come and visit New Zealand?

2. Have you heard of the Tuatara?

3. What started your fascination with Reptiles?

4. Sorry if you've been asked this before - but how did you come up with your username?

5. Pulp or no pulp in your juice?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine can border on the personal side, so please, ignore any that you feel uncomfortable with

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)

2. Do you believe in ghosts?

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?

7. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

8. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.

9. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?

10. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wellingtoncats's questions:

1. When you go to Australia will you come and visit New Zealand?
I would LOVE to. When I worked at the Summer Camp in Texas, one of the counselors was from NZ, part of an exchange program. I miss her dearly and would love to visit with her and see her home country! (Plus, all those COOL MOVIES are filmed in NZ!)

2. Have you heard of the Tuatara?
I don't know much about it other than that it was, until recently only found on those nature preserve islands off the coast, like the ones that dog was found on. We have one on the Reptile poster at the Zoo I work at and I think they look pretty cool.

3. What started your fascination with Reptiles?
I used to live in a very rural area and as a child I would go snake hunting, harmless, we would go out into a field and turn over every rock we could find looking for the coolest looking snake-- which was never easy because we mostly had only brown garden snakes and northern ribbon snakes. Then when I was 8-9 my dad adopted a full grown green iguana. Gex didn't live long though because she had mouth rot :-(

4. Sorry if you've been asked this before - but how did you come up with your username?
Breella is a name I got off of a random Dungeons and Dragons name generator on the internet a few years ago. It is also the name of a World of Warcraft character of mine. Blue is one of my prefered colors and it sounds better than BreellaPurple or BreellaMagenta :p

5. Pulp or no pulp in your juice?
Prefer none, but will tolerate pulp.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Snake Lady's Questions:

1. What would your dream vacation be? (a cruise to some exotic island, a trainride across the country, etc.)
A cruise, I've never been on one before. It doesn't much matter to me where it goes, so long as the ride is fun and the company is good.

2. Do you believe in ghosts?
Very much so.

3. Would you accept $1 000 000 to leave the country and never step foot back in it again?
Depends... what country am I going to and what is the currency in? Does it have a good exchange rate? who can I bring with me? Will I have a job lined up? in this economy there are many variables to consider!

4. Do you prefer being around men or women? (as in are most of your friends male or female, which do you get along with better)
It doesn't matter to me so long as they are good people, but lately most of my close friends are female.

5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be?
My jewelery box. It has two pins in it that aren't technically mine. One is a sea turtle with beautiful gemstones in it, the other is a very beautiful ribbon like fur de lise pattern. I inherated them when my uncle (by marrage) mother died. My uncle and aunt did not have children at the time due to conception complications and she loved me and my sister like her own grand-daughters. I would like to one day pass on the pins to her two biological grand-daughters on their 16th birthdays. They never got to meet their grandmother. She died many years before they were born.

6. Given the choice of anyone in the world (alive or dead), whom would you chose to meet?
The one commonly called Jesus. I have many questions for that man.

7. do you have any tattoos? If so, what and do they have meanings behind them that you are comfortable sharing.

My mother's first tattoo is a yellow rose with a red heart, I want to honor my mother with my tattoo. I got it in the same place as hers, my lower hip/ outside of my leg. Purple is my favorite color, it was also my great grandmother's favorite color and the color of a teddy bear she gave me when I was very young that I still have today. If you look at the heart upside down there is an "M" inside it (another secret tribute to my mom, who is just an amazing woman), also the three waves are for me and my two younger sisters (I need to get one of them touched up because the guy accidentally colored out of his lines and made it a NUB! The thorns remind me of the pain that lies in beauty.

I would love to have another one done, but I haven't found a design that really speaks to me.

8. do you have any piercings? aside from the ears.
Aside from the ears, no, I do have 10 in my ears though. Used to be eleven but the top of my industrial bar got infected and i lost it. I'm too scared to pierce anything else. I wanted a lip piercing as a teenager but my parent's had a no facial piercing rule, which was fine, they let me dye my hair and do whatever I wanted to my ears.

9. Have you ever held a snake? If so, did you enjoy it or were you uncomfortable?
I want a lavender corn snake very badly. I love snakes but my boyfriend is scared of them, he barely tolerates Yavie, my Bearded Dragon. His mother also won't let me own a snake in her house. She doesn't understand "how someone can love an animal that has no personality"...

10. What is on your MP3 player right now? (or cd player, whatever fits)
I haven't payed much attention to my MP3 Player in quite a while, sometimes I use it to fall asleep to. The Used and Voltaire mostly right now. A little Ani Difranco, some comedy skits from Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, Christopher Titus...

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hi!

1. do you like any electronic dance music?
2. do you like to dance?
3. have you ever been to a "rave" or electronic music festival?
4. do you believe in life on other planets?
5. are you afraid of the dentist?

ummm...thats about all i can think of....thank you

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are a few for you.The theme is (mostly) desert island, i.e. suppose you were stranded on one... and don't worry about the technology to support your choices, that will be taken care of...

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?

4. You'll also need food. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats4sky's questions:

1. do you like any electronic dance music?
Yes, Can I name many bands off the top of my head-- no.
2. do you like to dance?
Love to, but I lack rhythm.
3. have you ever been to a "rave" or electronic music festival?
Does a Goth/Vamp club that plays lots of electronica/industrial count?
4. do you believe in life on other planets?
I doubt that with all the countless stars in all the countless galaxies that we are the only form of intelligent life out there.
5. are you afraid of the dentist?
Oddly enough, no. I actually had a very good dentist for my root canal and crown so it wasn't painful.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rapunzel47, your questions are very in depth and I've been bad and stayed up late. I want to give honest whole answers so I'll fill them out in the AM. I also welcome any other questions! I'm really enjoying this!

Edit:
Ok, Rapinzel47's questions:

1. What would be your five Desert Island CDs? They don't need to come from your own collection. Why would you choose these particular ones?
Meatloaf's greatest hits: It was something I grew up listening to and I find it very comforting.
A mixtape of 90's alternative: I find it to be very connecting to my childhood.
World Of Warcraft soundtrack: I really like the music.
A recording of lions fighting: To keep other animals away
A CD of a random language: So I can keep my brain exercised.

2. You might also want some reading material. What would be your five Desert Island books? Why?
Zombie Survival Guide: It's got some great tips for living alone in a low/no contact situation
A boyscout camping manual: Again, good tips and ideas
The manuscript for my boyfriend's book in progress: to feel close to him.
A current almanac: Farming and weather.
Something funny to make me not feel so bad.

3. What else would you like to have with you to occupy your time and your mind?
A pet of some kind. I like taking care of things.

4. You'll also need food. If you could have only two or three foods and nothing else, what would you choose? Why?
I would take Soybean seeds, Spaghetti Squash seeds and a Mango tree.

5. If you could have one human companion, who would that be? Why?
My boyfriend, I don't feel whole without him.

This one is not part of the theme:

6. If you came into a large sum of money -- an unexpected inheritance, a winning, whatever, but "set-you-up-for-life" big -- what would be the first four things you would do?
Pay off my debt.
Buy my mother a house in Georgia (she has always wanted to live there)
Buy a building for a foster site/adoption center for kitties.
Be an anonymous donor for families in need (basically pass it on)

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breellablue

Cats4sky's questions:

Does a Goth/Vamp club that plays lots of electronica/industrial count?
[/color]
hell yeah that counts! ive been go to plenty electronic music events but have never been to a goth one, but ive always wanted to go. i
goth style.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breellablue

Rapunzel47, your questions are very in depth and I've been bad and stayed up late. I want to give honest whole answers so I'll fill them out in the AM. I also welcome any other questions! I'm really enjoying this!
Take your time, and have a good sleep.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These will be waiting for you for tomorrow, I suppose!

1. Do you have any phobias?

2. What is your favorite element from the periodic table?

3. Have you had any embarrassing moments? Which was the most embarrassing?

4. What makes you happy?

5. Do you have a favorite online game?

6. Is there a type of food that you don't like?

7. What piece of furniture is your favorite?

8. What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own?

9. What is the best advice anyone has given you?

10. If you had a themesong, which would it be?

11. List one accomplishment you're proud of!

12. Do you have any recurring dreams?