Vibes for my cousin please?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well on Friday i found out that my cousin who lives in Montana was arrested at Walgreens for forging a narcotic pain pill prescriptions.

I kinda knew something was up, the writing was on the wall. She would be at the ER every week for something or other and she was on some heavy pain pills, but me and her are very close and tell each other everything. So i asked her if she was only taking her medications as prescribed because i knew how dangerous they can be and she swore to me yes, so i believed her.

And the thing is i know she def has some pain, she was in a train wreck years ago and suffered some serious injuries which i think is when she started getting prescribed pain pills.

So they took her right to jail and she has to stay there until Tuesday when she has her arraignment. She is going to see if the judge will let her go straight into rehab.

I just want some vibes that this is her wake up call, that shes going to go into in house rehab and kick this addiction, cause if not im afraid of what will happen. I already lost 1 friend because of a pain pill addiction and i dont want anything happening to her.

globalspot28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about you and your family doing an intervention? Sometimes that works and can make a person realize what they have lost or will lose.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

Well on Friday i found out that my cousin who lives in Montana was arrested at Walgreens for forging a narcotic pain pill prescriptions.

I kinda knew something was up, the writing was on the wall. She would be at the ER every week for something or other and she was on some heavy pain pills, but me and her are very close and tell each other everything. So i asked her if she was only taking her medications as prescribed because i knew how dangerous they can be and she swore to me yes, so i believed her.

And the thing is i know she def has some pain, she was in a train wreck years ago and suffered some serious injuries which i think is when she started getting prescribed pain pills.

So they took her right to jail and she has to stay there until Tuesday when she has her arraignment. She is going to see if the judge will let her go straight into rehab.

I just want some vibes that this is her wake up call, that shes going to go into in house rehab and kick this addiction, cause if not im afraid of what will happen. I already lost 1 friend because of a pain pill addiction and i dont want anything happening to her.
Many many vibes for your cousin... I believe this is exactly what the judge will do; send her to rehab. Can her lawyer plea to the judge? Can her parents arrange that with the lawyer?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many for your cousin. Addiction can be a tough hurddle to overcome, I hope your cousin will be okay.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek. Addiction is so tough. It normally takes hitting rock bottom for people to consider rehab. Hopefully this is her rock bottom...alot of the time jail is.

Sending vibes for her addiction recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Many many vibes for your cousin... I believe this is exactly what the judge will do; send her to rehab. Can her lawyer plea to the judge? Can her parents arrange that with the lawyer?
thats what they are going to try and do. Her arraignment is tomorrow and my aunt and uncle are going along with my other cousin (her brother) who is actually a cop, and they are going to see if they can get her straight into rehab. Im thinking yes they will let her but some of my friends keep saying shes def going to get time for doing that.

its quite hard to do an intervention b/c she lives in montana and a chunk of the family lives in PA, the airfare to get out there is like 600-700 RT. I hate the fact that i cant be closer for her.

Thank you all for the vibes.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes for her
This is so scary, I still can't get through my head that forging a prescription is a crime! I come from a country where not only is it not a crime (they will simply not sell you the medicine if the prescription is not legit), but until recently every single medication, drug or not was being sold over the counter. So this whole thing is really strange for me. I really do hope that she has a speedy recovery from the addiction though!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope that she does get to go to rehab and really wants help. I worked as a jail nurse for years and have seen people recover from addiction. I live in a small town and sometimes I run into former inmates in the grocery store or Walmart. I'm always thrilled to see them doing well...a little heavier, but a lot happier. for her recovery. And bless you for standing by her.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks for the vibes guys! no word from anyone today so i have no idea whats going on...i hope someone calls soon.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am definitely sending vibes her way and yours..........I had a close family member and a couple friends that were/are addicted to prescription meds, it's no joke to watch them go through this, I know how helpless you can feel!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well finally heard from my cuz last nite. Shes out of jail for now but got charged with A LOT of serious things. They wont have a trial for a while but in the mean time they can come and drug test her whenever they want, and the sheriff told her she should do a minimum of 6-9 months of in house rehab, and that way when it comes time for her to see the judge and as long as she doesn't mess up from now til then they will count that as some time served.

she was screaming and crying on the phone last nite cause shes so scared shes going to have to do jail time. Its her 1st time getting in trouble but she got a lot of charges. I told her to calm down, as long as she behaves, and does her in house rehab and shows shes really made a change they will prob count that as time served and give her something like house arrest and probation. i told her they don't want to put people in jail if they don't have to. I also told her that her lawyer will prob try to plea down some of those charges, so that eased her mind alot. I talked to her again tonight and she already did her 1st day meeting at this out patient thing shes doing as well, she seemed in better spirits. its not going to be easy, but if she can get through this i really think everything will be OK.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most important thing for her right now is to stay clean and out of trouble, and this won't be easy for her if she is really addicted. If she really is scared, then you need to remind her of that and what will happen if she doesn't. But don't let yourself become to emotionally involved either way, she has to be the one to decide to change for herself.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks guys for all your support. i told her i would sleep with the phone on loud all nite in case she needed to talk to someone. she called me at 3am last nite cause i guess it gets worse at nite when your trying to fall asleep, so i talked to her for a bit. i dont mind doing this for her.