TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › But it's my signature!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

But it's my signature! - Page 2

post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I thought that was how everyone held a pencil? Unless you're curling your hand up, too?
I hold pens and pencils the exact way you described, the only exception being when I'm shading something or if my hand is hurting I'll using my middle finger to help guide the pen/pencil, too.
Like the way lefties write? I've been known to occasionally write like a lefty, but that's usually because what I'm writing on doesn't have enough room on it, OR I'm actually writing with my left hand. My writing looks like a doctors scribble on a prescription pad no matter which hand I write with, but I'm right dominant. I don't curl my wrist like that though. I was fiddling around with different ways to write legibly holding the utensil differently, I think the way she tried to get me to write was resting the pencil on my index finger, guiding with thumb, knuckles up/palm down, which I can't possibly comprehend how anyone would find that comfortable.

I realized my better half signs his name similar to mine, but he leaves out his middle initial. I think alot people just get annoyed with signing their name, especially if they're signing documents regularly, and signatures just evolve into something that can be written comfortably and quickly. It'll be interesting when we get married and I have to figure out how to sign a new last name LOL!
post #32 of 38
My father in law, a rather sage attorney, told me once why his signature was so squiggly...he said if he just wrote his name anyone could just mimic it, his way was more "unpredictable".

I found that after years of signing for wire transfers & forms, my signature de-volved into an S with a squiggle. It now looks nothing like the one on my driver's licence (which dates from 17 years or so ago )
post #33 of 38
One of the advantages I have over most people is that I still write cursive and since nobody else seems to do it anymore they wouldn't know how to forge my signature.

Seriously, my writing is very much like what I was taught in school and I've had many people comment on my "beautiful hand writing". At one job I was in, they would ask me to write the names on the envelopes for the bonuses to the employees each Christmas. I love having a signature that folks can read.
post #34 of 38
Anyone could read my signature. I have always written my signature just like I would write my name on a piece of paper in school. I have a long last name too, and I get all the letters in, though by the end of my last name anyone can tell I am sick of signing lol.

Nobody should be able to give you a hard time about the way you sign your name. I work at a pizza place and I get alot of people who's signatures just look like something a 2 year old scribbled on paper. I get some who's signature is just a squiggly O or something, and I don't say anything, I just laugh and say "Nice scribble!". They laugh back, and they leave. I could never have the nerve to tell someone their signature needs to be redone or that what theyre writing isnt their signature. I don't know these people and I don't know how they write, so I keep my mouth closed.
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
One of the advantages I have over most people is that I still write cursive and since nobody else seems to do it anymore they wouldn't know how to forge my signature.

Seriously, my writing is very much like what I was taught in school and I've had many people comment on my "beautiful hand writing". At one job I was in, they would ask me to write the names on the envelopes for the bonuses to the employees each Christmas. I love having a signature that folks can read.
I still write checks out in cursive, so I can write it. But it was never comfortable to me - too loopy.
I can also do calligraphy, as I had to learn that in a couple of art classes. Though you really can't get the beauty of that with using a regular pen or pencil. You need a proper pen and ink. I always find it funny when people say I write like a guy or that my writing isn't very nice - none of these people know calligraphy.
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I still write checks out in cursive, so I can write it. But it was never comfortable to me - too loopy.
I can also do calligraphy, as I had to learn that in a couple of art classes. Though you really can't get the beauty of that with using a regular pen or pencil. You need a proper pen and ink. I always find it funny when people say I write like a guy or that my writing isn't very nice - none of these people know calligraphy.
That's funny actually. I have really nice hand-writing but when I took calligraphy I just couldn't get it to look as nice as some of the other students - go figure!
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowy View Post
I've been told that no matter WHAT your signature looks like, it's your signature and it doesn't matter. You could make an X and it would still be your signature. So I don't know why everyone's bothering you . Seems like a dumb thing to harass someone about. As long as the other stuff you write is legible or you type.
I went a long time with no signature. So what? Then I decided since we now have Cat Central I was no longer going to make siggies with my cats. Then I started making KatKwiz siggies. Now it's this. It will be different again some day. Maybe nothing again.
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazlee View Post
I remember my 1st grade teacher gave me flack about how I hold writing utensils though. I don't remember how she tried to get me to hold pencils, just that it never stuck. My pinky, ring and middle fingers "brace" my hand and the pen rests on my middle finger, my thumb and index fingers guiding the pen(cil).
Haha, my brother writes "funny", too. He holds his writing utensil oddly and forms his letters upside down and backwards (according to the way I write). We were homeschooled so nobody ever bugged him about it and he still writes that way. He did quit a correspondence school once because the correspondence teacher gave him grief about writing in all caps. I say, as long as it's legible, who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
I went a long time with no signature. So what? Then I decided since we now have Cat Central I was no longer going to make siggies with my cats. Then I started making KatKwiz siggies. Now it's this. It will be different again some day. Maybe nothing again.
Hehe, not that kind of signature! The way you sign your name. When I first clicked on this thread I thought it was about siggies, too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › But it's my signature!