Thanks for sharing that video....
she is amazing.

Bravo Susan Boyle.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was great!

Dare I say it... it looks like she's had her top teeth capped. They did a number of close ups, and her top teeth were white and perfect, and her bottom teeth were yellowed and crooked. I wouldn't have noticed her bottom teeth except her top and bottom teeth really did look so different. They should have either fixed all of them, or left them alone. Poor thing has been thrust into such a judgemental spotlight and is probably feeling pressured to get "stuff" done.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

So do you know officially if she's in the finals? How does that work?
Yes, she and another act got through for the finals tonight. Susan Boyle won on the viewers votes, and the other act got through by the 3 judges.

Theres more semi finals on mon, tues, thurs and fri where they'll pick two acts from each of those nights, then the final is saturday.

Have a look at these who i wished had got through, their so funny

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200227.htm

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was in Britain I'd be voting for Susan! She's one heck of a singer - have to admit better then many of the American on Idol!

lynneny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just KNEW she was going to sing that song next! I even said it to a friend after I heard her for the first time - that song was written for her to sing.

I agree with her mini-makeovers though. Her eyebrows were definitely done, and I also noticed the bad bottom teeth but not so sure about the top. As long as her real personality keeps shining through I don't mind if they do a little to her appearance - but not too much!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Yes, she and another act got through for the finals tonight. Susan Boyle won on the viewers votes, and the other act got through by the 3 judges.

Theres more semi finals on mon, tues, thurs and fri where they'll pick two acts from each of those nights, then the final is saturday.
Susan, what's the prize for the winner?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful rendition of Memories. I've seen the musical performed on stage (the off-Broadway, traveling troupe) twice, and have been quite obsessed with it since the first time I saw it when I was about 11 or 12. Susan Boyle sang it as well as any of the professionals I've seen or heard. Definitely better than Barbara Streisand!!!!

Hearing her sing it, and the image of her with her kitty in the introduction, and knowing the story behind Memories in the musical, really touched me too. It seemed like she had that emotional connection with the song in the way it was intended.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Susan, what's the prize for the winner?
The winner gets to perform in front of the Queen at some Royal Gala. Plus I think there is a cash prize too. Something like 100,000 not sure if that is pounds or dollars though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Beautiful rendition of Memories. I've seen the musical performed on stage (the off-Broadway, traveling troupe) twice, and have been quite obsessed with it since the first time I saw it when I was about 11 or 12. Susan Boyle sang it as well as any of the professionals I've seen or heard. Definitely better than Barbara Streisand!!!!

Hearing her sing it, and the image of her with her kitty in the introduction, and knowing the story behind Memories in the musical, really touched me too. It seemed like she had that emotional connection with the song in the way it was intended.
The song is actually called "Memory", not "Memories". They are 2 different songs.

I love Barbara Streisand's voice!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The song is actually called "Memory", not "Memories". They are 2 different songs.

I love Barbara Streisand's voice!!!
My bad, it is Memory. Still, there's only one song from the musical sung by Grizabella before going on the Journey to the Heavyside Layer (or Rainbow Bridge, as we call it).

Barbara Streisand destroyed that beautiful song, IMO. But that's just me. She's a great singer, but not on that song.