What the hell?

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How is it that every time I buy Fresh Step cat litter for my guys, it's an entirely different consistency? I try to get the same one every time, but I always seem to fail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see what went wrong this time.

I got Fresh Step (and then in small print - "Clay Cat Litter"). I was trying to get Fresh Step (and then in small print - "Scoopable Cat Litter").

Too many Fresh Step products. That's my problem.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made the same mistakes at the beginning as well. I like the multi-cat fresh step. The white rock ones don't absorb pee as well as the clay one does.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know all the types of litter yet. I suppose that's my real problem.

When I see what to me is "Fresh Step" (to me implying the original) I assume it's all the same product. I didn't anticipate fine print differences between "Clay Cat Litter" and "Scoopable Clay Cat Litter" and the rest of the bag or box looking identical to the others. The "Multi-Cat" or "Perfume & Dye Free" has big print in colored boxes making it stick out to me as being different. I get the difference between those.

The others.... not so much.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

I don't know all the types of litter yet. I suppose that's my real problem.

When I see what to me is "Fresh Step" (to me implying the original) I assume it's all the same product. I didn't anticipate fine print differences between "Clay Cat Litter" and "Scoopable Clay Cat Litter" and the rest of the bag or box looking identical to the others. The "Multi-Cat" or "Perfume & Dye Free" has big print in colored boxes making it stick out to me as being different. I get the difference between those.

The others.... not so much.
Since you've tried both maybe you can let me know which one you like better
I got the clay cat litter and I wasn't happy with it. Is the scoopable kind clumping hard? I like tight clumping litter.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The biggest difference I could see was that the Clay Cat Litter is about 20 times the size of the scoopable per grain of litter. I didn't like it at all. Ally and Ollie didn't seem thrilled until I dumped it out a few hours after making my mistake to replace it with the Fresh Step Multi-Cat Scoopable.

I prefer their Multi-Cat scoopable. It's probably the same as the regular Fresh Step scoopable, so I'd say the regular scoopable. The clay cat litter is the consistency of very small pebbles whereas the scoopable is the consistency of sand.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've also found that if it's been shifted around too much in transport or whatever that it gets more dusty.