Question of the Day May 24th?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Today's question is:

Do you see yourself as a social or anti-social person?

I see myself more as anti-social then social. I enjoy being on my own and often fine having to many people around irritating. Even when it comes to social events, I am generally one of the first to leave.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can be both depending on the situation. If I am among friends I can be very social, but if I don't know people I tend not to be as social.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm social, but I choose to stay at home usually, not exposed to social situations.

That said, I'm currently bartending here at the resort (beertending really) and I'm having a blast.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
when i was in highshool i was totally shy and anti social, and now im the total opposite.

Im quiet and keep to myself at work, but take me out to a club or a party where i dont know anyone and ill be chillin with everyone before you know it.
i love meeting new people/ making friends.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more anti-social. I'd rather be hanging around by myself most of the time, or with Rob, rather than with a large group. When I'm out once in awhile with my pole girls, that's fine, but I generally prefer to be with a small amount of people or just myself.

Put a few drinks in me, and wow, I'll be super social haha.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you ask my friends, they'll say I'm very antisocial...

I work days get up early, (4 am) deal with people all day then after work I really don't feel like dealing with anyone I just feel like being alone with the cats in the quiet....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I can be both depending on the situation. If I am among friends I can be very social, but if I don't know people I tend not to be as social.
I definitely need my alone time, and I do prefer smaller groups, but party with the best of them, when it's the right people.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May I ask that people please look up what anti-social means?

Please no one here classify yourself this way! Anti-social literally means just that! That you're cruel, hateful, and seek to hurt others. Psychopaths, murders, etc are anti-social. Even in casual speech it would still mean that you're unfriendly to others.

A better way to phrase this question would be " Are you extroverted or introverted" since this doesn't suggest anyone has some sort of mental disease....

I am an introvert. I prefer to stick around the house in my spare time with only my DH and cats, or even just myself for company. Give me a book and leave me alone.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!

Today's question is:

I see myself more as anti-social then social. I enjoy being on my own and often fine having to many people around irritating. Even when it comes to social events, I am generally one of the first to leave.
Most weekends our home is open to family and friends. It is the Persian way of life, one that I admittantly had to adapt to but one that I have grown to love.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Anti-social literally means just that! That you're cruel, hateful, and seek to hurt others. Psychopaths, murders, etc are anti-social. Even in casual speech it would still mean that you're unfriendly to others.
I don't put anti social people in that bracket?.

To me anti social means that you don't like mixing with large crowds or people that you don't know very well. I've never thought of a murderer as anti social, their just a murderer in my eyes

Me i'm social, i can talk to anyone, and mix well with complete strangers no problem

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I don't put anti social people in that bracket?.

To me anti social means that you don't like mixing with large crowds or people that you don't know very well. I've never thought of a murderer as anti social, their just a murderer in my eyes
But that is what the actual meaning of the term is. What you described is what an introverted person is. I'm extremely introverted but if someone was to call me anti-social I would be seriously offended - I'm not cruel person.

The odd flip side of it is psychopaths, for example, can be extremely social and charming people (so can narcissistics until you get to better know them). Yet they have a very basic and common personality disorder of being anti social - they hurt or use others in some way or another. Take any of the more famous serial killers that were involved in their communities - Dennis Rader for an extreme example.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

But that is what the actual meaning of the term is. What you described is what an introverted person is. I'm extremely introverted but if someone was to call me anti-social I would be seriously offended - I'm not cruel person.
Until today i've honestly never heard of cruel people or murderers being classed as anti social, and i still wouldn't.

To me, calling a murderer anti social is quite a light term for what they do.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Probably antisocial.

Well, truly, I would say I have 2 friends. Sure I have acquaintances, but as far as people I would call friends, just the 2. One has been my best friend since I was 8 and the other I've been friends with since middle school, lol. *shrugs* I'm pretty content sitting home by myself, so it's never really bothered me.

However, since being with the BF (Tuesday makes a year!) he's sort of "brought me out of my shell" so to speak. I'll go with him to a party or something and find myself actually enjoying myself chatting with people rather than being terrified and self conscious in the corner.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Morning All!!!

Today's question is:

For me the answer is not an easy one.

I have severe panic disorder, which meds take care of fairly well. But I do not like large crowds of people... as in I would not walk into a party late. I would be the first one there.

I'm social in the sense that I say hi to everyone, or smile... I have tons of acquaintances, but few people that I would call a good friend.

I would rather have people over to my house, than go out.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

May I ask that people please look up what anti-social means?

Please no one here classify yourself this way! Anti-social literally means just that! That you're cruel, hateful, and seek to hurt others. Psychopaths, murders, etc are anti-social. Even in casual speech it would still mean that you're unfriendly to others.
Ok, I looked up the definition.... I am both social and anti-social.

an·ti·so·cial (nt-sshl, nt-)
adj.
1. Shunning the society of others; not sociable.
2. Hostile to or disruptive of the established social order; marked by or engaging in behavior that violates accepted mores: gangs engaging in vandalism and other antisocial behavior.
3. Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude

antisocial
Adjective
1. avoiding the company of other people
2. (of behaviour) annoying or harmful to other people

antisocial
adj antisocial
1 against the welfare of the community etc It is antisocial to drop rubbish in the street.
2 not wanting the company of others Since his wife died, he has become more and more antisocial.

I bolded the parts that at times suit me.