a question for the mums and babies?!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going through a phase where I feel mentally ready to have children, it is so hard to describe its like you are in love and all of these endorphins flowing out of you.
How did you know you were ready to have a child?

and for those of you who haven't had children have you ever had that feeling?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I have that feeling right now. I know I am so mentally ready to have kids, but we won't be able to for a few years, which makes it even worse. We're getting married next year, and probably won't be able to afford to have kids until a couple years later, when he's done with school. I know it's for the better, because we both will be better established in our jobs and will have had a house for a few years, but I just feel so ready.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

No never, plus i saw how friends and family who had babies had their lives changed, because it does have to change, and i didn't want that because i was happy and still am with my life without them

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my husband and I got engaged I thought I was so ready for kids--we had talked about it and we knew we really didn't want to wait long after marriage to have them. Then we got married and I finished school and we realized that what we thought might happened had--I really can't have kids.

It became real that the only way we would be parents was through adoption and that made things alittle more serious because we decided to foster adopt. We knew we really needed to have a solid marriage and be completely grown up if you will, to take on the responsibility ahead. So we've decided to wait a bit longer. The strong desire isn't there as much now. I realize that at 24 I'm still so focused on me, and he on him, that it wouldn't be fair to bring children in our lives just yet.

It will happen in time--and perhaps in time, doctors will figure out a way for me to have kids of my own.

Meanwhile, our house is a zoo, with 6 turtles, 3 adult cats and 5 babies there isn't a whole lot of down time.

Leslie

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Never wanted to have kids. Still don't.

I always figured that if the urge to be a mother hit me that I would adopt a school aged child. I'm perfectly happy being a mom to my 2 cats.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I had the 'urge' at about 15-16..... thankfully I didn't have a child then.

I always knew I'd have children... I'm not 'complete' without them.

Neither of my children were planned pregnancies. I had Kendra at 19yrs old (her father left me shortly after) and Kayleigh at 23. I am soooooo glad I had my children younger.... especially with all the health issues I have now.

But, I didn't really have the "urge" that you are talking about, in relation to having children.

I did however have that urge when I was done having children. A fairly strong urge, just like some women have when they are ready to have children... I was ready to commit to not having any more.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
we keep talking about kids i never thought in a million years i would be reay for them at 23 then over the last couple of weeks i have really wanted them but moneywise at the moment we cant, al i said to that was if its meant to be its meant to be and im hoping so at the moment as i want to be a mam to a lil me aswell as my kitties

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have that feeling now and have for a few years. I know that I am meant to be on this earth to be a mom. Travis and I aren't in the right financial place even though we are pretty well off for people of our age to have kids so maybe in a few years. We will be married next year(due to my MAJOR family issues right now)so maybe after that.

Trust me, I cannot WAIT until that time comes!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year it hit me pretty bad. I am not even with anyone and haven't been for awhile.

But I have this feeling that I NEED to have children. Not want.. but NEED. lol. For the pregnancy even. Just not so much the labor.

It's the weirdest thing I have ever felt... especially since I didn't want kids at all a few years ago.

But now a stupid Pampers commercial will come on and I start to almost cry. Hahaha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I also have that feeling now and have for a few years. I know that I am meant to be on this earth to be a mom. Travis and I aren't in the right financial place even though we are pretty well off for people of our age to have kids so maybe in a few years. We will be married next year(due to my MAJOR family issues right now)so maybe after that.

Trust me, I cannot WAIT until that time comes!
Oh no! so you're not marrying next month?

I had my urge at 16 too but i was lonely
plus i wasnt with anyone so it didnt matter. then when i miscarried a year and a half ago, I couldn't even look at children i hated pregnant women and every single child would make me cry, and now finally every child seems to love me again and i get all clucky around them.

we are in the process of getting a house (saving and seeing what banks can do) it is physically impossible to rent right now you can only seem to buy. Once thats out of the way i won't have to worry anymore!