Hola from Mexico!

casi_cassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*Sorry this is a double post...I didn't see this section before...forgive me

Hello to everyone! I am new to the forum. My name is Cassie and I am 21 years old. I am originally from Indiana but I live in Mexico.
Here's the thing...I have always had a weak spot for animals! Ever since I was just a little girl! I am actually studying to be a veterinary assistant, because I want to know more about how to care for the furry ones in my life.
I got some devastating news from my doctor a few years back...I have allergies. Her advice...get rid of your pets ASAP. I laughed in her face and asked for pills instead. I have been in treatment for 3 years with no problems. Recently I decided to start looking for a little kitten to adopt. I have always wanted a cat, but my allergies were too bad before.
Then, out of the blue, a friend of mine contacted me telling me that she had found a VERY small kitten on top of her roof. She said that she and her mother had tried to get the little one to come down to no avail. Each day they watched as the poor little thing jumped down from the roof and onto a fence. Just on the other side of that fence were 2 feroucious GSD (please don't get me wrong I love them! But these guys are guard dogs). Each day the little kitten risked her life to steal food from their bowl and would climb back up onto the roof. My friend and her mother finally got the little one down, and took her in. They immediately took her to the vet. The vet told them that the kitten was too little for vaccinations, but she had half a dose of deworming medicine. Here's where I come in. Today my friend was kind enough to give her to me (my friend cannot keep her b/c she lives in a "no pets" apartment.). I immediately took the little one to a good friend of mine who happens to be a vet. He examined her and gave me some medicine to treat for worms. And just as we were about to leave the little kitten had diarrhea. The vet. gave me some antibiotic which I have to give her every 8 hours.
Right my little one is scared half to death and hides under my bed. She eats fine, but I have no seen her use the litter box today. I just want to make her feel comfortable and loved. She has never had contact with humans, and it is obvious that she is VERY scared of me. Does anyone have any advice for me or my little one?
Here is a pic!

Any name suggestions?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, welcome! Your kitten is super cute!
I trapped two 4-month old boys who were extremely afraid of humans (hissing even), but with patience they came around. One of them is a huge cuddler now.

What were the antibiotics for? Some antibiotics can cause diarrhea.

How long have you had your kitty? One thing that might help her go restroom, is to put some dirt from outside in the box so she gets the idea that's what the box is for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

casi_cassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
Actually, the diarrhea happened after she was diagnosed with worms, and an infection caused by a bacteria that the worms are leaving in her tummy.
And my friend had her using the litter box just fine. So we will see what happens in the next couple of days! I just got her today.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola from Indiana, Cassie!
Welcome to TCS! Hopefully you are able to catch her to give her her medicine. The best thing you can do until she gets adjusted is to put on some soft music and ignore her. She will come out to find you soon enough. It was wonderful for you to take her in. She's very cute!
My doctor always told me to get rid of the cats, too but I didn't listen. I'm in no way naysaying medical advice, but I have known plenty of people who have adjusted to their own cat's dander over time. Everytime I get a new one, I go through an sneezing watering eye period but after a few months it goes away. I hope the same happens to you

casi_cassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

It was wonderful for you to take her in.
Thank you. But, as silly as this may sound, I kind of feel like she found me somehow. I didn't think twice when my friend told me about her. I just said yes...because she is so incredibly helpless, and has lived a hard life for only being 10 weeks old!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by casi_cassie

Hello!
Actually, the diarrhea happened after she was diagnosed with worms, and an infection caused by a bacteria that the worms are leaving in her tummy.
And my friend had her using the litter box just fine. So we will see what happens in the next couple of days! I just got her today.
Oh, I see. I thought you had her for more than a day and she wasn't using the box.
Don't worry, she'll come around if she hasn't already.

I hope your kitty gets well soon.

casi_cassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!
She is getting bolder! If I just sit on my bed (I usually read there) quietly she will come out, eat in front of me, and let me pet here. But at any sign of a strange movement she darts under the bed. She does let me hold and pet her though, and she has been purring A LOT!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Cassie,

Thank you for taking into your heart and home this adorable little sweetie.

As you learn your way around, if you have site questions, simply click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. She will need time to get used to her new environment. How's she going now?

casi_cassie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bella is really coming around! I am so proud of her! She sleeps with me now, and even pounces on me whenever I am laying in my bed.She loves her toys and loves to play with me! She looks so much healthier, and her little tummy is not hard like it was on Saturday when the vet. discovered worms in her. So I guess that her medicines are working!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is wonderful news.

Thanks for the update.
Bella

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions