My friend took these pics of the show last week

Anastasia (almost 2 yrs)

Malika (14 weeks)

Anastasia last month

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH cool - nice pics. Love the kitten one - she is really cute. But not used to seeing kittens under 4 months old in a show hall being judged!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the pics - thanks for sharing. Who is the first judge, not Val Cashman? Never seen the other 2 before. I was one of the people who voted against kittens under 4 months in our show halls in the NZCF.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rhondda Watson, Julia Nicholls & Carolynn Davis.

2 of the 3 little knowledge of Ocicats, which is why many breeders pick shows by who's judging. I prefer to keep putting my cats out there, make the judges look at them and update their thinking to the rarer breeds.

We had 1 association rules 12 weeks for kitten, the other 3 calendar months. We just voted to change ours to 12 weeks to avoid confusion.
They are adults at 9 months.
I don't have a problem with 12 weeks/3 months, in Qld they start at 10 weeks I think that is too young.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous cats!

When do they get vaccinated there?

Here the age limit on showing is to ensure all kitten vaccinations are long finished, immune systems and antibodies doing their thing - final kitten jabs are at 12 weeks and you can show at 16 weeks. Under GCCF rules here you can't rehome before 13 weeks, and there are regulations regarding leaving appropriate gaps between showing cats in the household and rehoming cats or kittens from your home etc. for purposes of disease control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vacinated starting at 6-10 weeks depending on the breeder.

They need 2 vacinations before showing.

Rehoming varies by state, 8-12 weeks.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Vacinated starting at 6-10 weeks depending on the breeder.

They need 2 vacinations before showing.

Rehoming varies by state, 8-12 weeks.
Oh that's much earlier than here, no vet will give the first set before at least 9 weeks, second set not before 12 weeks, and registered pedigrees cannot be rehomed before 13 weeks or 7 days after the final vaccination whichever is later (to allow time for any adverse reactions to the jabs to show up or feeling unwell to pass) - so I can see why you can be allowed to show younger kittens as you can potentially vaccinate younger.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless the kitten has NO protection from nursing from mom, shots are started at 8, 12, and 16 weeks. Kittens cannot be in the show hall under 4 months old (shown or for sale).

We just had an incident of Bengals kittens brought in the show hall for sale at that last show. I kinda questioned on their age in the hall waiting for them to open. The young girl was not sure of the birthdate. But IMO they looked younger then 4 months old.

Another Bengal breeder was at the show and she too thought 12 weeks old; so she had the show manager check them out. They were under 4 months old and so they had to take the kittens out of the show hall. I'm not sure if they were taken home or just to the car.