Himmie with really thick tufts of fur in paws

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I noticed that Princess has really long thick hair coming out on the underside of her paws...is this common in their breed?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a himmie that had long thick fur between her paw pads. Must be common

Do you have any trouble brushing/combing her? Sadie's fur was sooo thick I had to take her to a groomer and they suggested shaving her once a year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
so far i have no problems brushing her, i always have to catch her when shes in a good mood, otherwise she doesnt allow it.

But yeah i cant get over that long thick fur in between her paw pads, its adorable.

id like to let her hair grow long enough so she will look like a lil mop when she walks, will it keep growing that long do you know?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

so far i have no problems brushing her, i always have to catch her when shes in a good mood, otherwise she doesnt allow it.

But yeah i cant get over that long thick fur in between her paw pads, its adorable.

id like to let her hair grow long enough so she will look like a lil mop when she walks, will it keep growing that long do you know?
I know a certain little Lucia kitty that has ridiculously long toe tufts...I think she's adorable but her meowmy thinks she looks like the Grinch. Right, Helen?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I know a certain little Lucia kitty that has ridiculously long toe tufts...I think she's adorable but her meowmy thinks she looks like the Grinch. Right, Helen?
Yes, She has The Grinch who stole Christmas feet

Cats4Sky, We need pics
All of my persians and himmies have had this hair you speak of

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that does sound adorable! And the bonus is, when it's long enough she can help you with the housework by dusting as she goes.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah i really need to stop being lazy and start taking pics again

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Yup most Persians have toe tufts. Fluffy even gets her brushed before cat shows.
omg....that is so adorable!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Easy and Ducky definitely have toe tufts, but Helen is the one that needs to post pics of Lucia, she has the longest tufts I have ever seen.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some of my DLH rescues have this. I have such an urge to cut it down because they're always getting more dirt stuck in there. Since they were take from their mothers so young (the people who surrendered them wouldn't surrender their mothers) I don't think they learned how to clean themselves right.