My daughter is on a DATE!!!!!!!!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hee hee hee

Kendra will be 13 in July. She and Justin have been 'dating' since Dec

Justin just picked her up (via gramma's car) and is taking her out to dinner, to a Chinese restaurant in town
Then they are going to go get some ice cream, take a walk in the conservation area, and she's to be home by 9.

Justin's been here before... kinda scraggly looking hair, bummy type clothes. I was so impressed, he changed and obviously got dressed up for this "date", Wore a nice pair of pants, nice shirt.... brushed and parted his hair (its shoulder length and usually in his eyes LOL) AND

he was wearing cologne

I think I'm way more excited than she was..... she asked to bring some money so she could pay for the ice cream, I asked if Justin said he was paying and she said yes. So I told her no. Not to bring money.... HE wanted to take her on a date, so she needs to let him.

I guarentee you, I'm so much more giddy than she was LMAO.

They've been out before... went to the movies (but his mom was there), spent time at each others houses (parents home)....but this is their first DATE.

hee hee hee

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cute!

I hope she has a wonderful time, and enjoy all the butterflies!!!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww they sound really cute!

I hope they have a good time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

That's so cute!
So did I understand right - his Grandma is driving them? That is just too sweet.

Laurie
Yup, his gramma drove them downtown, and dropped them off. They had a nice walk, dinner and icecream
Then they walked back to his gramma's house (he technically lives out of town... in the country... that's why they went to gramma's)... and gramma gave them a ride home. She had fun

I didn't think to take a picture... I should have tho
I don't have any pics of her and Justin. She didn't dress up, but she normally looks pretty good....doesn't wear scruffy boy clothes, she's getting to be a little feminine LOL.

ah well, next time I will take a pic

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How cute!!

It might be best you didn't take a picture! I know at that age I'd have been mortified if my mother pulled out a camera in front of a boy I liked!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

How cute!!

It might be best you didn't take a picture! I know at that age I'd have been mortified if my mother pulled out a camera in front of a boy I liked!
Absolutely - if you're at a an amusement park, a zoo, that kind of thing, cameras at that age are OK. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for an "official" dance at school or something!

Laurie

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles
How cute!!

<<Absolutely - if you're at a an amusement park, a zoo, that kind of thing, cameras at that age are OK. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for an "official" dance at school or something! >>

I third this one.

I've got a 15 year old. She's yet to date (won't let her, and she hasn't really liked anyone- yet). However, she's mortified when I tease her gently about the boy at school she "likes". She says he's just a friend- I caught the 2 of them making "goo-goo" eyes at each other a couple of months ago at an orchestra thing (he plays cello, she plays violin)

Cheryl

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute!!

Back when I was 13, I still thought boys had cooties!
I was a late bloomer in that department: I didn't get interested in boys until I was almost 18 years old.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kendra's not embarassed in the least... We are pretty open, so she's quite comfortable with having a "boyfriend", etc. She asked me today why I didn't take a pic LOL.... cuz she has none of her and Justin

Maybe the next time he comes over, I'll try and get a few.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww that is really cute!! He really made an effort, that is sweet! I could never let a boy come home until a long time after we were together...one word= Dad
lol Its great you guys talk and you are comfortable with it, im almost 20 and i still get the lectures

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome!
I was always very secretive at that age but my Mum was always understanding. I met Kieran when I was 16 and we've almost been together for 3 years now!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute.

My parents were still leary when I went on my first date at 17!
Yet I'd been hanging out with boys from the time I was 14-15! Apparently they weren't worried about me ever going out with them, although at the time I was head over heels for my best guy friend!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

Awww that is really cute!! He really made an effort, that is sweet! I could never let a boy come home until a long time after we were together...one word= Dad
lol Its great you guys talk and you are comfortable with it, im almost 20 and i still get the lectures
Honestly, I would much rather her be comfortable enough to bring boys home, rather than 'sneaking' out to be with a boy.

I trust my girl completely. We've had many talks.... her ummm 'hormones' have not kicked in... so seriously, her and her bf act like friends... She has danced with him at a school dance (told me about it, and was slightly giddy about it)... But she doesn't want to kiss or anything yet... Which is FINE by me LMAO.

At her maturity level in this department, she's not ummm, not sure how to put it... she's not interested in 'making out'.... she likes to hang out, go for walks, etc. She doesn't even think about it... I know her one friend keeps asking her when they are going to kiss...my daughter's reply "I dunno...don't feel like it".

I remember at her age, my thoughts and actions were ummmm, very experienced compared to her. I count my lucky stars for that (that she's not like I was... but I learned about that stuff way too young and not in a good way if you get my drift...that caused me to act out that way).

I just thought it was too cute, he put cologne on LOL

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww! I have a 13 year old sister. She hasn't dated yet but I imagine that I will feel the same when she's ready.