My Ultrasound Results for the pain

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had teh ultrasound yesterday and have Gall Stones and a Gall Bladder problem.
I have to see a surgeon on Tues.
The dr gave me some pain medicine in case it happens again.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good. I'm glad you were able to find a cause for your pain, and that it can be easily fixed
I'm also glad you got some pain meds in case you get the pain again.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like Laurie says at least it is treatable. Ironic you got this news today b/c my cousin has been going through some horrible pains lately and today she had her gallbladder removed.

Vibes for you.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you know the problem and it can be taken care of

Good to hear you have pain meds just in case too.

Lots of

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second all the above. Just knowing what it is can make you feel better, but I hope they sort you out very soon.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Thanks,
They said to eat bland food until then.
Several of us have been saying that for a while, to anyone who may have gallbladder issues.
Your food does not need to be bland, though. Just very low or no fat, and no spicy stuff as that can be a bit rough on the GI to begin with. Salt, pepper, herbs, a bit of garlic, etc on your food are all fine.
Dairy can be a problem because of lactose and fat.

I hope this solves the problem for you. I wasn't so lucky myself. Generally after surgery some diarrhea is normal and should go away. That's your body having to adjust to no longer having a gallbladder to store the bile in so it just gets released straight into the intestines. If all goes well, that will adjust in time. You may or may not be told this, but it's best to eat low to no fat for a few weeks after surgery. It helps prevent the worse bile salts diarrhea that comes from it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Everyone,
How long is the hospital stay?
I need to tae care of Coco my Crf cat.
She has meds she must have everyday.
How long did you have to wait for surgery?
I talk to the surgeon Tues at 9am.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Everyone,
My cousin stayed for 24hours only. She had it done Friday.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Everyone,
I got there at 6:30 am, went through admissions, got a room, changed and then held them up because I couldn't pee (that's what happens when you withhold fluids from me, I dehydrate within a few hours). Had I not taken so long they would have had me in OR prep before 7:30 am. As it was they wheeled me down there around 7:40 and got my IV fluids going. Went in the OR about 15-20 minutes later, surgery took around 40 minutes, then I went back to my room to recover. I was ready to leave the hospital by 2 pm, but they dragged their feet getting papers together so it was closer to 2:30-2:45 by the time I walked out.

Ultimately it depends on how well you do, but you should be out the same day if there are no complications.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks,
They said to eat bland food until then.
That is a very good idea because if it is your gallbladder anything with the least amount of fat in it is going to cause you some distrss.

Lots of feel better vibes coming your way...and here's hoping for a quick solution and speedy recovery.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Everyone,
I didn't have mine removed at a hospital but a surgical center. I had to be there at 7am, my surgery was 8am and I was home by 5pm. They gave me vicodin for the pain, but I just took one or two. I used Ibuprofen the rest of the time. I was only off work for 10 days.

Like strange_wings said, you may have some problems with diarrhea, which I call the "dreaded flushes" but that to will pass as your body adjusts.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Like strange_wings said, you may have some problems with diarrhea, which I call the "dreaded flushes" but that to will pass as your body adjusts.
Hopefully, there's no guarantee that a person won't be part of the " 5% " that is stuck with it for life. I am, unfortunately, and medications haven't seemed to aid it at all.
But at least I'm not in pain, so the trade off was worth it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
I dread that pain when it comes.
I am mad because I told the other Dr last Dec I thought it was a gall bladder problem and she goes its food poisoning or gerd.
This Dr knew right of way. I love blood pressure also.
Where any of you tired all the time?
I am always very tired.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks,
I dread that pain when it comes.
I am mad because I told the other Dr last Dec I thought it was a gall bladder problem and she goes its food poisoning or gerd.
This Dr knew right of way. I love blood pressure also.
Where any of you tired all the time?
I am always very tired.
Well, I've made no secret of what I think of most doctors.

I can't say if my gallbladder issues caused fatigue. When I was having an attack with a lot of GI pain, sure I was tired, but my other fatigue could be so easily attributed to other health problems. Considering that you have other ones, maybe there's something going on with your health that just hasn't been fully investigated yet?
It would be best to have more tests done, if your doctor isn't resistance to actually looking for causes, if you're willing to do so.
Blood pressure problems, either high or low can contribute to fatigue. Which did you mean, low or high?