Shelter Kitties---CUTENESS WARNING!!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I recently started volunteering at the Humane Society shelter but today was the first day I remembered to take my camera. I apologize in advance for the color in some of the pictures. The light was kind of odd and I couldn't get the white balance in my camera right.

I'll try to break them down into groups for you.

These two beautiful boys have been there almost three months. I haven't heard the whole story, but I know they were surrendered together. I don't think the person who entered their information really knew much about them either. They have one listed as "purebred persian" and the other as "persian mix" but none of us can tell them apart without looking at the collar.

Jax

Milo

Smokey has been there about two weeks. He's a very sweet cuddly Russian blue mix.

The next two ladies are still in isolation until they get spayed (next week). Let me tell you, they are not happy about it. They really want to come out and play.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but this girl is really small, I'm guessing around 4 pounds. She was literally trying to climb through the bars to get to me.

Tortie girl

We think this may be the tortie girl's baby since they were found together. This little one is very vocal. She wants all of your attention, and she wants it now! And yes, her paws are as big as they look.

More to come.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Next set, a litter of kittens who were dumped by the road in front of the shelter. Another couple saw them tossed out and immediately scooped them up and ran them in to the shelter. They were approximately two weeks old and were bottle fed for about three weeks (one of the volunteers took them home). There were four kittens in the litter, but one has already been adopted. As far as I can tell these three are all girls. They're like greased lightning. About the only pictures I got that weren't a blur was after they wore themselves out and collapsed.

Black & white kitten 1

Black & white kitten 2 (cute mustache)

Gray & white kitten

This is another litter that was dumped, looks like they're a couple of weeks older than the others.
Gray male. He looks solid gray at first glance, but he actually has cute little polka dots on his back. I didn't get a good picture of that. I'll have to try again if he's still there the next time I go.

Black & white shorthair boy

Black & white longhair girl

Love the furry ears on the longhair girl

Still more to come.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
More kitty
These are just fun ones, not trying to get individual kitties.

Smokey and one of the babies taking a nap

Smokey was giving the baby a bath

Kittens with one of the volunteers

Little meezer getting brave

Lunch time (sorry, these are the ones where the color got really weird)

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG They are all so beautiful. I applaud you for volunteering. I wanted to but I can't imagine not coming home with one or two every time. It must be so hard. Especially if it's a kill shelter.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

We think this may be the tortie girl's baby since they were found together. This little one is very vocal. She wants all of your attention, and she wants it now! And yes, her paws are as big as they look.
I'm in love.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Almost all of the kitties in the earlier pics have been adopted, so I figured it was time for an update. We've actually been able to adopt out a lot of kittens and even some of the adults in the last few weeks, but more just keep rolling in. Here are some of the current ones.

These first two are the only ones left from a litter of five that were brought in. The two brown tabbies and one red tabby were already adopted. This is Sun Punch.

Somebody named this one Zeke, apparently unaware that torties are female. We're going to have to find a different name for her.

Logan is the last one left from an earlier litter. They were all bottle fed for about a month. Logan was in foster care longer than the others because of an eye infection, which has cleared up without any residual problems.

It's hard to tell from the picture because it increases the contrast for some reason, but this little tortie is lighter than the others. I'm thinking she might be a dilute tortie.

Chloe is the only adult we have left at the moment. She's been at the shelter for two or three months. She hates other cats and is slow to warm up to people, so it's been hard to find somebody willing to take the time to get to know her.

...more to come

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Next batch coming up.

This is Chatty Cathy. She's a sweetheart, and very vocal about it.

I think I've shown this little black tabby in another thread.

I'm not sure when this little one came in. Adorable black kitten with just a hint of white under his chin.

Meet Beauty. I thought these next two were black until I got them out into better light. The red is so dark you don't notice it at first. Beauty has a little white beauty mark under her nose plus some white under her left arm and on her left knee.

Ali has little white/cream toes. I'm assuming they would be called torties, although the coloring does not have the streaky/speckled look of a lot of torties.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I put together a page for the newsletter than went out last week. Just wanted to show off.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

More to come.
What would the coloring on this one be called? She's adorable.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She's a tortie point, but I have no idea if there is an official color for her. I think it should be something like champagne.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tortie point huh? Cute. Didn't know such a color was possible. Never seen one colored like that before.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Almost all of the kitties in the earlier pics have been adopted, so I figured it was time for an update. We've actually been able to adopt out a lot of kittens and even some of the adults in the last few weeks, but more just keep rolling in. Here are some of the current ones.

These first two are the only ones left from a litter of five that were brought in. The two brown tabbies and one red tabby were already adopted. This is Sun Punch.

Somebody named this one Zeke, apparently unaware that torties are female. We're going to have to find a different name for her.

Logan is the last one left from an earlier litter. They were all bottle fed for about a month. Logan was in foster care longer than the others because of an eye infection, which has cleared up without any residual problems.

It's hard to tell from the picture because it increases the contrast for some reason, but this little tortie is lighter than the others. I'm thinking she might be a dilute tortie.

Chloe is the only adult we have left at the moment. She's been at the shelter for two or three months. She hates other cats and is slow to warm up to people, so it's been hard to find somebody willing to take the time to get to know her.

...more to come
No dilute torties there - all dense torties