New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Persian or Himmie?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
This cat was brought into a local county animal control as a stray and is listed as a Persian. I thought Persians had copper colored eyes, so I was wondering if she is a silver tabby Himmie?

OK -I think I answered my own question by looking around. I guess some colors of Persian can have green eyes... as this little girl does. So what color is she?
LL
post #2 of 14
Hard to tell from that pic, but with green eyes, I'd say chinchilla persian
post #3 of 14
We only have Persians in NZ (himilayan is not recognised here, but we do have pointed persians). She looks like a Tortie Shaded silver too me, which is similar to Chinchilla colouring. Her colouring is GORGEOUS and not often seen.

Most black silvers in the Persian/Exotic standard can have green eyes and himilayans have blue eyes

ETA:

PER s/PE
EXO s/PE

Tortie Shaded
Silver

Colour descrip:Black shading with areas of red and a lighter shade of red, warm white
undercoat.
Eye colour: Green, through Hazel to orange
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats View Post
She looks like a Tortie Shaded silver too me, which is similar to Chinchilla colouring. Her colouring is GORGEOUS and not often seen.
I agree, tortie shaded silver. I have few shaded silvers myself (not Persians though), I adore them!

In FIFé the only recognized eye color for shadeds is green.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Well, she must be somebody's pet - I got the impression she came in already shaved... and she is spayed. I hope her owners come claim her... she is NOT in a good shelter. I am actually likely to be going out to that shelter later this morning... to assess some of the cats... I am going to take a look at her.

Here is another Persian in yet another pound - this time City of Detroit. She is actually more safe from euth'ing here than the other little girl...What color is she? (She came in with a red tabby male who is also gorgeous).

OK - just because he's so pretty, here is the male, too.
LL
LL
post #6 of 14
I think she'd be a Black Smoke Tortie and that male looks more buff than red
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
I think she'd be a Black Smoke Tortie and that male looks more buff than red
Is "buff" considered a Persian color? Would he be a "light red" or a hot cream?

Someone surrendered them I think. Regardless, I would love to see them get the heck outta there.
post #8 of 14
Buff isn't, but Cream is.
Red usually has brick colored nose leather where the creams have pink.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
Buff isn't, but Cream is.
Red usually has brick colored nose leather where the creams have pink.
Ah, gotcha. As usual, Arlyn, you are a fount of information.
post #10 of 14
Sam will give you more definite answers.
I think Persian come in more color variations than any other breed, so they confuse me on the less straightforward colors

I've always had a huge interest in them, but just not the breed for me.
My uncle has a show quality pair of snow white Persians, I don't know how he manages to keep a cat hair free home.
He's such a neat freak though, so that might explain it
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
Sam will give you more definite answers.
I think Persian come in more color variations than any other breed, so they confuse me on the less straightforward colors

I've always had a huge interest in them, but just not the breed for me.
My uncle has a show quality pair of snow white Persians, I don't know how he manages to keep a cat hair free home.
He's such a neat freak though, so that might explain it
I agree. Too fluffy for me, as well. But they are gorgeous.
post #12 of 14
You guys are doing fine without me!

What a stunning trio of cats. They are really good condition too - their coats are gorgeous!

I agree the girl looks like a Black Tortoiseshell Smoke with what we call an "inside out coat" at the moment. Where the lighter colour is on the outside. Her coat just looks like silk!

I'd say the boy is probably a Cream Smoke, a really hot cream.

They are really just gorgeous. Oh I just read that the girl was shaved, that would explain the coat being inside out!
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow View Post
I agree, tortie shaded silver. I have few shaded silvers myself (not Persians though), I adore them!

In FIFé the only recognized eye color for shadeds is green.
I'm lucky NZCF accepts copper and orange because that's what my Shaded's have.

Can you see the photo ^ in my avatar - I originally registered him as a Blue Silver Tabby, but he's got no tabby markings now and I think he's a Shaded, like that other little girl I showed you -- his sister! Breeding silvers is so much fun.
post #14 of 14
Aren't Himalayans colourpoint? In which case if it were a Himmie it would have blue eyes for definite. Meaning it isn't a Himmie.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding