Blue Cheese

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week I saw a show on TV about cheese. Part of it was on "stinky" cheese that is made with bacteria or mould.

I don't know why, bought some Danish Blue Cheese on Friday and decided to try it a couple of days ago.

Once you get over the idea of eating mould, it isn't too bad. I can't say it's going to be a regular thing in my fridge, but at least now I'm not adverse to eating it if it's on a cheese tray or in a recipe like I was before.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue cheese!!! I love blue cheese sauces, and it's great to use in recipe, and great on its own with crackers - mmmmmm!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE blue cheese. It's probably one of my favorite cheeses. I could eat it plain, in salads, as dressing, whatever. We went to my fiance's aunts house and they had blue cheese to put on the burgers. I just sliced off a piece to eat by itself and it was yummy

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep trying things every so often to see if I develop a taste for them, but blue cheese hasn't won me over yet! I can see why someone would like it, but I have quite an aversion to mold and I can't get over the strong flavour.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quite often, the blue part of the cheese is made by inserting copper wiring so that it oxidises and leaves the bluish stuff behind.

You will be surprised how much cheese (any cheese)
has bacteria anyway - put it under a UV light.........

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two words for blue cheese loving people - Rogue Creamery. They make award winning blue cheeses and their smoky blue is fantastic

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best cheese ever! Blue chese for the win. I love it. It's my favorite dressing. I also like to eat crumbles or slices with pepperoni. It's awesome on burgers and chicken sandwiches.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue cheese is my best friend. I've disgusted many people by stuffing my face with it! We do a Stilton burger at work and it is heaven.

I laugh when people say they don't eat mould ripened Cheese (such as Blue Cheese) because Brie & Camembert are as well...it's just white
like Kellye said most cheese has a lot of Bacteria present. That's what makes it so delicious

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait until I can eat the soft, blue and other unpasturized cheeses! Dh thinks I'm mad because I love cheese so much!

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find that Blue cheese is like black licorice, people either love it or hate, no in-betweens. I LOVE blue cheese, but HATE black licorice. If my fiancee is eating licorice I won't even let him breathe on me. Bleh!