I think the neighbor's cat is in love with me! LOL

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
They have a young male (found by the husband last winter)--he's a sweet kitty. About 2 months ago, I was out in the garden, sitting in the grass, and weeding. I saw him, called him over, and he came to me, and let me rub his belly, etc. Well, they seem to let him out in the early evenings on weeknights, so I get to talk to him pretty regularly (I call him my "Garden Buddy"). He also comes into our back yard, and up to the French doors, and gazes in at me--though he usually has to do it through a phalanx of very angry felines hissing and throwing themselves against the doors! He doesn't seem very scared by them, though, and just usually stares at me like he wants to come in (I won't do that, of course!). I usually push the beasts away, and go outside, and call him; then he'll come to me, and I'll do some gardening, with him laying beside me.

Tonight was funny! I was getting the dining room table set for my dinner--and he must've seen me in the [dining room] window, and came running over. I opened the window, and he practically tripped over himself, trying to jump up (he can't--no outside sill, and it's a screened window). Then, he must've smelled the pasta I was cooking, 2 rooms away, and was sniffing ; he seemed like he really wanted to come in!

Mom always said I'd catch a man with my home-cooking!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww he sounds like hes so sweet......... he sounds like hes lonely, too.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago one of my neighbors kittens decided he'd rather live with us! A white DLH, he had BLUE eyes and was deaf. A few weeks later his red DLH brother decided to join him at our house. I told neighbor and she let them stay. (She had 5 in the litter.)

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree-he's sociable and wants company. Awwww..... and he's knows you're a kitty lover!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I hope DH is a very secure person. It sounds like he's got himself some competition...
Nah---only if the cat had served in the United States Marine Corps!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that reminds me of how i got Sabastian, when he was a lil kitty 14 yrs ago, he would sneak out of the other apartment every chance he got and run up to mine. When it came time for the girl to move out she knew we had a special bond and said keep him...and we've been together ever since