Litter Robot coupon code

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Litter Robot coupon code for $15 off (through an affiliate program), if anyone would like it. This one is good for one Litter‐Robot unit (New or Payment Plan Units Only).

www.litter-robot.com

Coupon Code: lrcou20183

Oh! and they come in grey now
!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang I meant to put "new" code, because this one doesn't expire (but now it's too late to edit- sorry!).

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too- love it! It's so nice to only have to think about the litter box once a week! Did you see the video contest they are having? Now I've just got to catch mine in the litterbox, lol

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No! I didn't! I'll have to check it out. Only two of mine will actually use it but that's ok. I got it mostly for Seti who has never met the box that's clean enough for his tastes. He settles for the Litter Robot instead of the floor so I consider it money well spent. Friday will use it too though he has some trouble fitting! He's a gamer though. Hemmy and Kit think it's the spawn of Satan but we haven't have it for very long so they may come around.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, all of mine use it, despite being "elderly" when I got it. It took Smoochie a good bit longer (she used the "emergency box" upstairs for a while), but now even she uses it

I still haven't managed to be quick enough on the draw to catch any of mine for the contest though,
lol.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious, does this one require special litter? I know that some of the self scooping boxes do.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that's the nice thing about it. You can use any premium clumping litter or even crystals. It does not work with some of the (for lack of a better word) novelty litters like Feline Pine or Sweat Scoop, etc. but I've used crystals, Tidy Cats clumping and even Cat Attract when I was trying to warm them to it. The Cat Attract worked great. I do like to put some crystals in the bottom drawer where the Litter Robot dumps the soiled litter. That way, if a cat doesn't get all the way in and some tinkle spills over into the bottom it's fast and easy to clean up.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

No, that's the nice thing about it. You can use any premium clumping litter or even crystals. It does not work with some of the (for lack of a better word) novelty litters like Feline Pine or Sweat Scoop, etc. but I've used crystals, Tidy Cats clumping and even Cat Attract when I was trying to warm them to it. The Cat Attract worked great. I do like to put some crystals in the bottom drawer where the Litter Robot dumps the soiled litter. That way, if a cat doesn't get all the way in and some tinkle spills over into the bottom it's fast and easy to clean up.
Cat Attract litter is the liter I use, that's why I was asking. I have never gotten an automatic litter box because my cats tend to overshoot the litter box, and since most are not covered it would make a big mess. This one looks like if they peed on the back of the box it wouldn't matter as much.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And...they have a new "lip" attachment for the Litter Robot, that catches the "edge peers" if they hang over the opening- I am so excited, since I have one of those (grrrr), and have been using paint bucket pour lids cut in half to do that, lol. They also have a ramp now, and a few other things, plus you can buy replacement parts from them right off the website after the warranty expires

And yep, no special litter, no special trays, bags, etc., only plastic kitchen garbage bags and scoopable litter (I haven't tried the crystals, but that is a great idea for the drawer!).

And you don't have to leave it on all the time either- you can turn it off, and flip the switch a couple of times a day to clean it (I did this when mine were learning to use it).

When I looked at some of the others, the special trays, etc. were kinda adding up, even though the other boxes were initially cheaper. Plus, push a button, fill it, push a button, dump the whole thing, sick cat makes a mess- take the dome out in the yard and hose it out...so cool, lol. Having a full dome is really nice!

They also have an 18 month warranty (which my sister had to use, and wow, their customer service is great!!!), and a 60 day "you and your cat will love it" guarrantee, where you can return if your cat doesn't like it.

So, yeah, I kinda like mine

rainbow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by howtoholdacat

Their site says it does work with all litter, do you have experience with it not working? This is from their site.

Does the Litter-Robotâ„¢ require special litter?

The Litter-Robot does not require any special litter. In fact, Litter-Robotâ„¢ works well with almost any clumping or scoopable litter including some biodegradable litters such and ‘Worldâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Best Cat Litterâ„¢â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] and ‘Swheat Scoopâ„¢â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Litter beads/crystals are also compatible with the Litter Robot. Litters that do not work are the strictly absorbent clay-based, non-clumping litters.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear by this litter box too
Pepino thinks it's a carnival ride however, and tries to stay on top while it's turning. Also if we put fresh litter in there, and maybe a little too much litter, he stands in there head first and kicks the litter out between his legs
Okay so those are the only downfalls of having it at our house
I wish I could switch all my litter boxes to the robot

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judging by the size of the sifting grate in mine, and the last (and only, lol) bag of Feline Pine I got a few years ago, I would have thought that the Feline Pine would be too big, but maybe the pellets are smaller now (that was my problem with it, it didn't "cover" well, peew), or the Swheat scoop is smaller than the Feline Pine? Or maybe they have changed the Litter Robot sifting grid to accomodate the biodegradable litters? If it doesn't work, you can always get a refund in the first 60 days...

Originally Posted by Rainbow

Their site says it does work with all litter, do you have experience with it not working? This is from their site.

Does the Litter-Robotâ„¢ require special litter?

The Litter-Robot does not require any special litter. In fact, Litter-Robotâ„¢ works well with almost any clumping or scoopable litter including some biodegradable litters such and ‘Worldâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Best Cat Litterâ„¢â€[emoji]8482[/emoji] and ‘Swheat Scoopâ„¢â€[emoji]8482[/emoji]. Litter beads/crystals are also compatible with the Litter Robot. Litters that do not work are the strictly absorbent clay-based, non-clumping litters.