TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited!
It's on Fox at 8/7 central for 2 hours. This is
Season 5. I have been watching it ever since the first season
thanks to a friend .

Don't get me wrong I like Dancing with the Stars but there's
is more variety and they dance with someone else from time to time.

Who else is going to watch?
If you don't know what I am talking about
here's the site.

http://www.fox.com/dance

The first few weeks are of the audtions and who they pick.

My favorite judge is Mary and my favorite choreographers are Napoleon & Tabitha who do hip hop.

Hopefully they'll be here in this season too. I liked Shane Sparks too but he's now on America's Best dance crew so he isn't able to choreograph.

I do not however like Mia Michaels she drives me crazy. :roll:

My favorite seasons were 3 & 4. I did not think 3 could beat last season but I was wrong.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooooove this show. It's the only reality show I watch now, lol.

My favorite season is probably the third, as well. With Lacey and Kameron.
And Neil.

I didn't really watch it all that much last year. I kept forgetting. But I am going to try to not miss it this year.

I have also watched since the first season (WOO, Blake!).

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to start watching that now that all my favorites are done for the season or in reruns. I started watching it last year, and got a kick out of some of the auditions
but they changed my work schedule so I missed the rest of the season.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

oh yeah, i'm so excited!!! I love this show, like you said, Krista, I really like Dancing with the Stars but there is something about a struggling dancer trying to make it big that makes SYTYCD better than Stars

did you hear that Louis Van Amstel from Stars is going to be a choreographer this season? Also, there will be a fall season of So You Think You Can Dance!!
8 o'clock cannot get here fast enough!!!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also enjoy this show. Have you noticed that several contestants have gone on to be pros at DWTS? (Lacey, Chelsie, and Dmitry)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I also enjoy this show. Have you noticed that several contestants have gone on to be pros at DWTS? (Lacey, Chelsie, and Dmitry)
I have noticed! and they do a great job

did you also notice that 2 of the guest dancers, I think it was for the Macy's Stars of Dance were Pasha and Anna? they were contestants on SYTYCD

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's 2 hours! Darn, I've got to tape it tonight, I have a drivers lesson.
Love love love Pasha! Also Nico from So You Think You Can Dance Canada!

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are y'all still watching!?!?!

I'm sorry - but I was a little excited to see Sex back last week.
This is THE BEST competition show out there, IMO.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, still watching. Almost missed it last night, tho. I'm curious to see if either of the tap dancing brothers makes it as well as the one guy who almost made it last year.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Of course i'm still watching it! I cannot believe they cut Natalie

They kept some that I didn't like as much as her. They didn't even give her the chance to "dance for her life" like they did some others. Not fair

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

They kept some that I didn't like as much as her. They didn't even give her the chance to "dance for her life" like they did some others. Not fair
Exactly! That one girl they keep giving chances to has got to go, Gaby, she obviously cannot do other styles. and i have got to be the worst judge of how people do on contemporary cause i think everyone looks great

dragulescugirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm really glad about the brothers making it together so far! They are adorable!!!!

About the sisters - this is not going to come out right at all LOL but at least it was the younger one so she has more chances to come back in the future. Trying to put a positive spin. Hahaha!

Poor Natalie - I can't add anything else. I felt so bad for her and I really thought she deserved to at least dance for her life.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the little asian girl, I can't remember her name though since I was watching and reading at the same time

I thought Mia was so rude to that one guy too!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I like the little asian girl, I can't remember her name though since I was watching and reading at the same time

I thought Mia was so rude to that one guy too!
Brandon. He was a finalist last year and just missed the top 20. He is very good and Nigel and Mary are thrilled he returned this year. I agree, Mia was so overly critical. I was wondering if maybe she was jealous of his talent.

I am glad one of the brothers made it. The other one may get some notice due to his choreography for his brother.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am watching also and my fav is Mary also, my least fav is Mia Michaels, she is a very tough cookie and I don't like her attitude. It started here a couple of weeks ago and last night they chose the final 20. I do enjoy the great dancing.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think her name is Asuka, Paula, but they pronounce it like Osca

I agree, what the heck is Mia's problem with Brandon?? He is a great dancer
I like Hawaiian guy with the name no one can say
I was also really really sad that Alex Wong (the ballet dancer) didn't make it and I really hope he comes back when he is finished with this contract
Really

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate it that they have people in the top 20 that we've never seen before...they do that every time (and on Idol). It puts those people at a disadvantage in the early rounds! It also makes us prejudice that these people "took" a spot we would have liked to have seen go to one of the people we "met".

Why would that ballet dancer even try out if he knew he was under contract?