help!! who,what,when and how much

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ok...I've got the kitten that I'm going to babysit for till she can go about 5 hr or so between bottles, or starts to lap up baby mush. Her ears are now upright, and she can wobble around and crawl up and over me. So...I think she is maybe 4 wks old? if not, I'll take all suggestions. How much should she be eating? how often. I've got KMR and she just drank a little over 2 oz. is that too much or too little, I've been stimulating her to go potty, she has peed, but I haven't seen any poop. What color and consistency should it be? how much should she be sleeping? any and all advice would be great. she is a talker, she meows a lot, and she has got the most wonder purr.

Mary

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As was said to you in your other post about this kitten, you feed the by weight. You need a scale that works in ounces and to weigh the kitten, then consult the feeding chart on the KMR bottle. How often depends on approx. age and i believe it says that on the KMR bottle as well. Poop also depends on age and diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for asking the same questions. You are right, I did get the answers from the other post. I'm afraid with the way my day was going yesterday that I forgot that I posted and had answers already. I will try not to bother you again.

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I took it wrong. It's just that in the last 8 days I've had to allow my two oldest dogs to pass over the rainbow bridge. One went from heart failure, and the one yesterday went from liver failure which we had no idea about. My heart was just breaking and I think I was just feeling lonely and hurt. I keep telling myself that it was the right thing to do by not having the suffer, but it still hurts. I've had both girls for over 15 years, and it just feels as if my heart has been ripped out and stomped on. I was hoping taking care of the kitten would help me but it really hasn't. I did remember that I had a scale and she weight 12 oz. She is drinking about 3 Tbs every 4 hrs of KRM. I have gotten her to pee quite a bit, but I don't think I've gotten her to produce any stools.

nursedogget, We are neighbors. It's good to see someone from around here. How may animals do you have?

Mary

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got a correction to my 1st post here. She drank 2 Tbs, not 2 oz. I told you I was having a bad day.

Mary

nursedoggett

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lostmary

nursedogget, We are neighbors. It's good to see someone from around here. How may animals do you have?

Mary
I have a basset hound, a dobie, a male mainecoon mix, a female black DSH, and a tortie DSH. The last two are my new mommies, with 7 and 4 babies respectfully, so now 14 kitties total!

How about you?

lostmary

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nursedoggett

I have a basset hound, a dobie, a male mainecoon mix, a female black DSH, and a tortie DSH. The last two are my new mommies, with 7 and 4 babies respectfully, so now 14 kitties total!

How about you?
Wow, do you have your hands full. I have 3 horses here at the house, now I have 2 doxi females, 1 dsh calico, 1 dsh muted calico, 2 dsh black girls, 1 orange tabbly male, and one dsh brown/black . the 2 blacks, fuzzy and smooth, gray cat, and orange cat are all barn ferals, although they don't know it. they are spoiled something awful.

Mary