Woohoo! Congratulations shawn!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was happy to see Shawn Johnson pull off the win on DANCING WITH THE STARS! What was she, about a point ahead of Gilles? BTW, wasn't Mark the professional partner of Kristy Yamaguchi (SP)? when she won DWTS? So, if another female Olympic Gols Medal winner is on the show again, I bet I know who they hope their partner will be!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for Shawn! I couldn't believe it was that close!!
Now both Mark and Cheryl and 2 time winners... Julianne is too if I'm not mistaken

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Shawn's freestyle is what did it for her. If Gilles's dance had featured him instead of Cheryl, he might have won.

Yep, Mark, Cheryl, and Julianne are multiple winning pros. Also, 3 Olympic gold medals winners have won the mirror ball trophy. Shawn, Kristi Yamaguchi, and Apolo Anton Ohno.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for Melissa and I'm happy for Shawn...But I don't understand, why was Melissa on dancing with the stars anyway? I thought you have to be a 'star' to be on it lol and all she was was a contenter in a reality show (the bachelor). I didn't even watch last night's episode although I did follow the season but I heard the episode was boring until the very end...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I feel sorry for Melissa and I'm happy for Shawn...But I don't understand, why was Melissa on dancing with the stars anyway? I thought you have to be a 'star' to be on it lol and all she was was a contenter in a reality show (the bachelor). I didn't even watch last night's episode although I did follow the season but I heard the episode was boring until the very end...
Oh, I thought the show was far from boring last night. I didn't particurly enjoy the "roast" but other than that, I thought it was a good show.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Oh, I thought the show was far from boring last night. I didn't particurly enjoy the "roast" but other than that, I thought it was a good show.
I didn't care for the roast either. Some of his comments were just plain nasty.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO happy Shawn won! I was team Melissa all the way but am so happy Shawn won! I did NOT want Gilles to win

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so happy this morning when I watched it! I really thought Giles would win, even though I definitely did not want him to. Shawn definitely deserved it, as she has done great the whole competition.

I DVRed the show, so I mostly fast forwarded through it, but I did watch the roast. I thought there were some funny parts, and some plain mean parts. There were some things he just shouldn't have said, but some of the other things were funny. I can't remember any of them. But that's what a roast is. They say all sorts of things, and the people who are getting 'roasted' just can't take them seriously. They know he's joking. Just my two cents I guess.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched it all and I really enjoyed it. It was nice to see some of the old contestants dance one more time. I was SUPER happy to see Shawn Johnson win!!

Originally Posted by snosrap5

I didn't care for the roast either. Some of his comments were just plain nasty.

Originally Posted by yam102284

I was so happy this morning when I watched it! I really thought Giles would win, even though I definitely did not want him to. Shawn definitely deserved it, as she has done great the whole competition.

I DVRed the show, so I mostly fast forwarded through it, but I did watch the roast. I thought there were some funny parts, and some plain mean parts. There were some things he just shouldn't have said, but some of the other things were funny. I can't remember any of them. But that's what a roast is. They say all sorts of things, and the people who are getting 'roasted' just can't take them seriously. They know he's joking. Just my two cents I guess.
I'll probably never enjoy stuff like that. And how are people not supposed to take it seriously; when you really think about it? They can "forget" those mean things were said about them; but IMHO, it doesn't make it "right" for the 'roaster' to say such things. I guess I'm just for building people up, not tearing them down. It's not like you can call the things that were said 'constructive criticism.' I can't remember the exact quote but I've heard it said that behind every joke is a little bit of truth. That's just my 2 cents too!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked the roast, but then I'm a fan of cutting humor
Jeffrey Ross is one of the best at it too

I can't wait for the fall to see the new cast!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I liked the roast, but then I'm a fan of cutting humor
Jeffrey Ross is one of the best at it too
I'm a fan of that type of stuff as well. You just can't take it seriously, and I'm sure as celebrities, they've heard and seen worse stuff. Just read all kinds of message boards and other entertainment-based magazines, and I'm sure there are worse things that have been said about them.

They might have also told them they were going to be doing this, and maybe warned them about how 'rough' it was going to be. I do think a few of his comments he could've left out, but most of them were all in good humor. He definitely didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I'm a fan of that type of stuff as well. You just can't take it seriously, and I'm sure as celebrities, they've heard and seen worse stuff. Just read all kinds of message boards and other entertainment-based magazines, and I'm sure there are worse things that have been said about them.

They might have also told them they were going to be doing this, and maybe warned them about how 'rough' it was going to be. I do think a few of his comments he could've left out, but most of them were all in good humor. He definitely didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.
exactly- my favorite line was the one he used for the judges Smoking, Croaking and Flaming

he was a little rough which did surprise me, I thought it would be a little "lighter" than that, but I thought it was hilarious

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After seeing this, I decided to watch Shawn's dance on the abc.com website. I loved it so much I ended up watching about 4 episodes from the season before I finally dragged myself away

I don't understand why you guys didn't want Gilles to win?? He was sexy, charismatic, a hard worker, humble, and a goof ball in practice which made him really likeable, and a great dancer! I loved his Superman dance - that was fun!

I do love Shawn though, and her freestyle was fantastic!

Now I'm going to be glued to next season!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I don't understand why you guys didn't want Gilles to win?? He was sexy, charismatic, a hard worker, humble, and a goof ball in practice which made him really likeable, and a great dancer! I loved his Superman dance - that was fun!
To be honest, I really don't know why I didn't want him to win. There was just something about him that I did not like and I didn't want to see him win. He was a great dancer, there was just some thing I didn't like about him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

After seeing this, I decided to watch Shawn's dance on the abc.com website. I loved it so much I ended up watching about 4 episodes from the season before I finally dragged myself away

I do love Shawn though, and her freestyle was fantastic!

Now I'm going to be glued to next season!
Yes, Gilles was a good dancer, but there was something I just can't describe that made me dislike him intensely, therefore I really did not want him to win.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's funny. I was expecting not to like him, but thought he was really charming